31 / Not being serious

Samiru went in the coffee shop she randomly found just in the middle of the busy streets in Tokyo. Megumi followed closely behind. She would've warped them somewhere far and romantic like Paris or Amsterdam or anywhere else. But she decided it would be too early to bring Megumi in dates like those.

The coffee shop exudes a luxurious atmosphere but the stuffed toys and teddy bears neatly littering at every corner and shelf of the shop gave it a playful vibe. Every kind of soft plushy and gigantic teddy bears were there, from a small fist sized shark to a gigantic smiling baby blue bear that reached the ceiling.

It was a sight to behold and a vibe to take in. She smiled softly. Samiru wasnt looking at the stuffed toys, she was dazing at Megumi who looked silently bewildered. He was looking around. His head slowly shooting at all directions. Then he let out a small pop of a hum and she interpreted it as a
" wow."

She didnt know Megumi was fond of stuffed toys. Its cute.

Samiru let out a chuckle and placed a hand on Megumi's arm to get his attention. Yea, it didnt work. What did work was the good 5 seconds of realization that most people are looking at him.

He cleared his throat and looked back at Samiru. She had a small silly grin plastered in her face.

" Why dont you find us a seat."

He nodded obediently.

While Samiru approached the counter a realization hit her herself. Most people dining in the shop were girls. And those girls were obviously eyeing Megumi. Samiru narrowed her eyes at the sight. Mumurs, whispers, chuckles, it resounded in the shop and it was endearing. But Samiru didnt like it one bit. They were practically raking their eyes on Megumi while compliment even the way he sat. Hormonal teenagers.

The cashier was even smiling and blushing while looking at Megumi. Why is Megumi such a celebrity? This isnt normal at all. Honestly Samiru was surprised because most of the time she goes out with anyone, all eyes goes to her or Satoru. Men, women, genderless, gender fluid people, no exceptions.

" Welcome, what would we have today?"
      The cashier greeted with a smile but it never fails to dart almost instantly to Megumi's direction.

Samiru was annoyed. Just seeing someone else gaze like that at her Megumi bothers her so much. She just wants to kidnap her Gumi-chan and tuck him elsewhere where only she could gaze like that at him. Alone.

" Cant you look at me at least?"
Samiru asked with an irritated tone. And it seemed to take the stranger aback.

" I'm sorry, miss?"

Samiru sighed. And leaned in the counter, glaring down at her even though they were practically the same height.

" I'm sorry too. You see, I'm never a karen to anyone, trust me. But I just realized I dont like anyone else - anyone else at all - to gaze at the beautiful view I own, like that."

Samiru said in a hushed tone, because it seemed to have an appropriate effect. Its cool. Suspense. The cashier obediently nodded slightly bewildered. Then Samiru leaned back, and talked back to her normal voice.

" Isnt he pretty?"
Now it was Samiru's turn to gaze dreamily at her Megumi with a small melting smile.
" I get to see that view everyday. Goodness, I'm such a lucky person."

" Oh! Yes, you are lucky miss! Having a boyfriend that cute is truly jackpot."

Samiru chuckled.

" Of course I am. Now, can we have our order."

.
.
.

Samiru went to the table Megumi picked with a tray of hot pancakes and a cup of coffee for herself, and a glass of fruity drink for Megumi.