Chapter One: The Twins

Hi I'm Kate, and I don't know what I am yet. Me and my sister, Nat, are twins, siphoners, special to our coven. Not long ago we defied our family/coven, and left our house. There's this thing called the merge: all Gemini twins are forced to do it when they turn 22. We combine our power and merge ourselves with the strongest of the two winning, the weakest left to die living on in the other. Not wanting to die we fled, bags in hand to a beautiful town where my sister met the love of her life, we met some vampires and got fed blood and we went through with it, we merged both coming out of it turned. But here's the shocker, we didn't lose our magic. *Gasp* I know right, rare. Witches usually can't be both; they are forced to give up their witch side, but not us. We found this out when Nat's boyfriend killed me, turning me, the winner of the merge. Activating his werewolf curse and my sister turned feeding on him, but she also siphoned, and that meant we created a new species. I don't know what we are yet. But I've been researching and I'll figure it out.

Anyway we skipped town on the run from our family still, finding a quaint town by the name of wimbley. It's beautiful here, but I know we can't stay. Waking up Nat I say "sister, it's time to go, they are getting closer by the minute we musint waste time." "Coming!" She hollers from her room next door to mine. As of late I've started to enjoy privacy more. I gather my bags, knowing this is gonna pain me to go because I don't wanna leave. I love it here. As if reading my emotional state the moment she entered my room "we don't have to leave you know. We could just face them. Kate I think it's time." Nat pipes in from the door. I consider this for a moment, straining my eyes. I think this way we could run and stay running forever, or we could stay and face our family, letting their dreams be crushed when they discover we've already merged and we both lived.

I don't know how they'll react but this is the choice I've made. We are staying, never on the run again. It's for the best. "We won't run any more. I'm tired of not being able to make connections and being forced to leave beautiful town after beautiful town. We won't run anymore sister." "sisters till the end, always." She responds. Good we are on the same page, quickly I start unpacking my stuff. I don't have to leave again. I'm finally happy for once. Here goes nothing, wishing on every star alive that they won't find us, because I don't know If I'm ready to face them. "We can head into town tonight so you can get supplies to write to George's sister." I inform her making sure I don't let on to the fact that I just made her night.

Here we are in town, it's so peaceful here. "Go get your supplies and hurry back sister." I whisper. Heading toward a dress shop, I've always loved dressing to impress. My eyes wander over the most beautiful elegant black dress my eyes have ever laid themselves on. I buy it in a heartbeat, no second thoughts. I walk outside looking for my sister. When I don't see her I siphon myself preparing for the worst. Slowly I see her walking out of the store talking to someone. "NAT!" I holler not leaving my protective stance until I know for sure she's safe. "Sister, this is Riley, isn't she lovely?" I realize she has the intention to lure her home with us to feed on her. But when I glance her up and down she seems to be the most beautiful creature I've ever seen, delicate and tender, I hear her heartbeat from here when she meets my eyes it hiccups. Is she unwell? I'm not sure. I use my vampire hearing when I see her whispering something to Nat. "You seem to have failed to mention your sister is shockingly hot". So she thought I was gorgeous. Hmm I hum to myself. "shall she accompany us home sister?" I ask Nat with more and more confidence in myself by the minute. "I shall." Riley says. She's brave I think to myself, it's amazing not many people would even dare to approach us, let alone go home with us. We reach the house we've been staying at, gladly we invite her in. I pull Nat aside informing her that we won't be feeding on her, "we still have some blood left in the storage. It's fine, I fancy this one. I don't want to do anything that I'll regret." I told her. Nat's face falls a little when I say this but I know that for my sake she won't act harshly. Us girls spend the night watching movies and talking.

Every time I say something I think is funny, it never fails that cute lil Riley laughs. It's the most adorable laugh I've heard in ages. "Sister, can we talk for a moment?" I get up as I ask this request of Nat knowing fully well she's gonna follow me, whether she wants to or not. We head to the kitchen as her lips sprout to a smile "you like her don't you?"