Chapter Five: Euphoria

I love the way I feel freed from myself as I walk down the alley the old lady had pointed me to. Eventually I reach a shop, it's filled with books, a place for odd balls wishing to learn more than they need to know for life anyway. I approach the lady behind the desk walking through the door letting it hit me in the rear, laughing a little at how unusual I was acting. "Hi welcome to the books hiding hole. Can I help you find anything in particular?" She asks nicely, she's too sweet for her own good, I wonder who will be the first man to break her heart. I laugh to myself at how rude that sounds, mere hours ago I would have never thought that without feeling sorry, now I just find it amusing. "Supernatural species." I speak low and hushed not wanting anyone else to listen in on our conversation. "Oh. Your one of those types of people." She says paling a little. Reaching my hand to her face and looking deep into her eyes "you wanna take me to the back of the store right?" I ask knowing she will jump excitedly at the idea. "Of course I'd love to get you alone." She says with a small smile. Mission accomplished I think to myself. As we reach the back I tell her to stay still and don't scream it wouldn't hurt. Ripping into her throat letting the tasteful blood run down my own I moan in joy. I've never tasted something so fresh and amazing as her blood, it was pulling me closer, that when I realized she was too still, reaching down I bite my own wrist wide open ahhhh that hurt damn it, i've seen the others do it like it's nothing but that hurt like a bitch. Shoving my wrist to her mouth I ignore the pain letting her drink from my hand slowly her neck heals up. That's intriguing to be honest but I was more interested in what I was. "Now show me where the books I need are located." I breathe a little more harshly than I should have. No matter, she'll forget all this even happened when I leave. Walking to the back of the book shop she shows me a wide section of books, each of them looking More and more Erie in their own way. I grab the calmest looking one and open it to the beginning. Running my hands through the book I see things on vampires, werewolves, and witches, even something on how a hybrid of a werewolf/vampire could be made. But nothing on a witch staying a witch after vampirism. I was clueless, I was about to give up when I saw the words that would change everything. "Gemini coven" slowly I sat back down, having already gotten up to switch out books. I read and read until it feels like my eyes are burning. "The Gemini coven is lead by one of a set of twins that have merged created the one true new leader." I already knew this. I didn't think people actually wrote about it though. I continue to read, straining my eyes further not giving a damn in the slightest. "In a rare occasion, some of the twins have been born with the ability to 'siphon' or in more simpler terms take magic from others as they can't produce Their own. Having the ability to siphon any supernatural or magical being or item, makes them dangerous. Should they turn into a vampire the consequences would be severe. Therefore allowing themself to siphon off of their vampire side. Allowing them to keep their witch side, something almost unheard of in the supernatural world. It's only happened once so far but I can't say it will be the last time." It's from this that I finally notice I'm reading a journal. Who wrote this? Are they dead by now? Is that how this book ended up here? Questions flow through my mind uncontrollably. I can't keep reading, it's breaking my eyes. I head to the door as the lady I had previously fed on says something I respond with a command. "I'm taking this with me forget I was ever here, forget that this journal exists." She nods once confirming that she understood. I leave the shop breathless. My mind is on edge. We aren't the first of our kind, how have we not heard of this yet? My mind is only filled with more and more questions as I walk home, the sun setting behind me.