Chapter Twenty: The Alpha Is A Complicated Subject

I'm currently sitting under a tree alone, writing in my journal. This one's on Aiden. He doesn't know it, but I'm watching him right now as I write. It's quite peaceful actually. He's a calming subject to watch for your information. I watch quietly as he sways to the music one of his Betas had turned on. We've been here for a total of three days. I was growing tired of watching everyone be calm and unburdened, we could be taking action. Lewis was thirty minutes out in a mansion he most likely compelled someone for. I was eager to meet him. The first of our kind. But here we sat bullshitting and sitting around having a good time, don't get me wrong I enjoyed it just as much as the next guy, but I was growing impatient. I took my thirtieth peak at Aiden, I'm not sure when but he had thrown his shirt aside, leaving it on a log bench. Sweat glistened down his abs, to my pleasure I found that he has a six pack. And he's gorgeous. To think this man took a liking to me took my breath away. What had I done to deserve it, besides I didn't even know where me and Shylo stood. Looking up again I see Aiden seems to have disappeared. Looking around I find him sitting next to me, I curse under my breath, I'm a freakin vampire, how didn't I sense him. "Someone's distracted." he mutters relaxing against the tree, hands behind his head. Closing his eyes he smiles. I can see why it is beautiful under this tree. Just the right amount of shade and sunlight combined. He seemed to understand writing was my escape as he sat quietly and let me be. Just him being there next to me was enough to make me shudder. Thank the gods he wasn't watching me, I would've probably been blushing at that point. I can't help but look at him every few minutes now that he's right here next to me, spending all his time with me. This is so complicated and confusing, I don't even know what Shylo wants from me, I like her and Aiden. It's just a big mess right now. Usually he flirts with me, now he's not, it's as if he understands on some deeper level what writing does for me. It's calming, it helps me get through tough times, even though it didn't help when I had such a bad breakdown I turned my humanity off. But writing was my escape from reality. It was my one thing keeping me from answering to the call of the void, and just 'walking' into something wooden. Yes I'm strong, but writing makes me unstoppable. I have the best strategies when writing, i have the best breakthroughs, i even have the best outlook of other's perspective and feelings. The fact that Aiden is leaving me be right now means so much more than he could ever imagine, and I'm grateful for it. I take another look at him, when the thought occurs, but what if we had been a couple, what if things weren't complicated, we could probably have a beautiful life together.

******Sorry guys I know this chapter was short, I just want to apologize, but then next few will be interesting if anything.******