Chapter Eight: The Parents

They'll be here in a matter of hours. It's scary, we haven't seen our parents in months. I'm terrified. The plan is for me to sit on the side lines and let Kate convince them she had won the merge. But what if they know we are both alive. What happens then. I'm afraid to find out.

It's been two hours. I'm still on edge looking at the map, they are just outside of town. They will be here in minutes now. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat when Kate comes down the stairs looking gorgeous as ever in the black dress she had bought the day we met Riley, I shudder just thinking her name, I killed her. She can't grow old. She can't have children. All because I killed her. I can't let that get to me right now. I clear my head focusing on the dress my sister is wearing. It's beautiful, reaching down to just below her knees, the back dipping low to show where her bra would be had she wore one. The front cupping her bosom perfectly, the ruffles of the sleeves out lining her thin yet strong arms. If anything else she was dressed to kill. I thought to myself. There's a thump outside instinctively my head snaps in the direction of the noise. "Go." Kate mouthed in my direction. I rush upstairs without a second thought. Watching from my bedroom window I see Kate walking outside. "Mother, Father, Gran, Gramps. What a non-lovely delight to see you all." She spews venom with every word. I know she's not feeling emotions, so this means she's doing it for me. "Kaitlyn, where's your sister. I'd rather get this show on the road." She spews with just the same amount of venom to her tone as my sister before had. I see Kate mock a gasp. " Didn't you hear mother? She's dead. I mean so am I technically I was turned, she didn't get the same fate. As I murdered her ruthlessly, in the merge." Spewing been more venom than before. Grams gasped in cold air. "Who knew I would win? I sure as hell didn't. But I guess they say expect the unexpected for a reason you know. I've barked her in a small town near the bored of the state. I guess this makes me your leader yes?" She asks a little too enthused. "You two merged?" My mother asks again disbelief evident and clear on her face. "You wouldn't be so calm had your sister really died Kate where is she? I won't ask again." Sour look forming in her eyes now, she's definitely upset. "And I won't say it again. She's dead. I was turned into a vampire and I shut off my humanity because I couldn't stand staying alive knowing I killed my sister because our family wouldn't let us live. You wanted us to merge, we did, we stopped running fed up with not being able to stay somewhere long enough to make connections. We wished each other luck and I emerged successful. Having been fed vampire blood to help with my faintness, her boyfriend snapped my neck out of rage triggering his werewolf curse. Now dear mother don't be slow and make me repeat myself again please, it's not wise for I'm technically the coven leader, I wouldn't get on my bad side." She smiles small and grim as if to intentionally scare my mother. "Your no longer a witch, you aren't the elder leader." She sighs. "AM I NOT?!?" Kate screams, "for I feel a magic within." She states siphoning herself for all to see. "Errox femus." She screams, our mothers leg folding forward then back, I heard the snap. She's hurting mom. I want more than anything to offer assistance. But I can't. I'm dead. They need to think that it's for the best. I will stay upstairs. It's better this way I repeat to myself. Kate glides over to where our mother had fallen in pain ripping her lower vein open to heal her, only wincing a little at the pain. Forcing her hand to mom's mouth. Our mother is now able to stand at attention again. Mom is glancing her up and down. "My highest apologies grand elder." She whispers falling to her knees, the rest of the family in suit. "Be gone, live life as you have kept up with the alliances we have now, also Sophie's parents, introduce them into it. Go home. I wish to remain here. In this lovely town of Wembley. If you need my assistance with anything you know where to find me dearest family." She utters all at once almost too fast for them to catch. They utter words of goodbyes and grievances for the loss of well, me. As soon as they were out of eyesight and ear shit I ran down stairs and out the door with all my speed punching Kate straight in the jaw. "How could you do that to mum?" I scream letting my emotions run all over the place. "HOW!?!!? I ask again more so breaking down to tears this time. I would have to pursue a way to fix my sister. I miss her already.