Chapter Nine: My Sister

Natalie's Point Of View

Kate was losing herself minute by minute, second by second. I was losing my grip on her, the power of the supreme leader taking its hold, having our parents bow to her was the straw needed for her to be able to access such amounts of power. This only increased ergo if anything. Taking a deep breath in and a deep breath out I let these thoughts slip from my mind. "Humaio lefsque." I whispered the spell barely leaving my lips before the enchanted orb in my hands started spinning wildly, detecting Kate's presence downstairs. I would have to make it impervious to me and her so we could use it with no issues. This would help with our journey to find Lewis. I don't know what I was expecting this morning when that all happened but I definitely wasn't expecting to be facing a girl a year younger than me and Kate crying with roses in her hands. We had stopped in town where the writer of the journal had last been seen living. Kate was out looking for them while was left in town. I looked at the frail girl in front of me, heartbroken as it would happen to be. "You know it doesn't do well to dwell on things that make us sad." I tell her leaning closer all the while feeling the small vibration in my pocket of the orb informing me this small girl in front of me was indeed supernatural like me. "I know, but would you even look at me twice if my father hadn't made me cry, had I not ditched him we wouldn't be where we are right now and you seem pretty nice, lucky me to have met you." she mumbles. What kind of father could hurt his daughter so much? This isn't right I think to myself as we sit here in the open nape of town. In the attempts to calm her I rush "you could always join a clan of supernaturals who wanna help you out." shit i said supernaturals. Well now she knows I know. "You Know what I am?" oopsies. "Well of course, how would a witch not know your supernatural?" I pray she's not looking at my pocket. "I'm a witch, you know?" wow. "I didn't." I say calm how could I? "I'm also a vampire and a werewolf. I'm still alive though therefore I'm also human, a quadbrid if you will.'' How is all of that? I was shocked and confused. "How-" I'm asking as she shakes her head. "My dad is a vampire while my moms a werewitch. I know it's a lot to take in. So do you think your sister would allow me along with you guys?" oh. She wants to join us. "I don't know to be honest. She's different now." I answer as honestly as I can.

Kate

I'm shifting from seat to seat anxiously as I wait for the answers I've been needing for hours now. Looking over I see an elderly lady, in an attempt to rile her up I shove my tongue between my teeth roughly sticking it out at her, I'm so immature sometimes. But I can't help it, I didn't really get to do a lot of growing up before I had to be the mom out of me and nat. Finally I can softly hear the vicious clicking of her heels, it had been 4 minutes already. I was angry. She would probably be made my lunch for that. Big mistake. I'm already thinking of a way to get her alone when I realize she's not alone. There's a man with her. I sniff the air and instantly stiffen, he smells like the journal. Is this the writer? I'm now flooded with so many questions my mind feels like it's gonna explode. "Mr. James I presume?" "That would be correct of you." he sighed. "It's an honor to meet you, I actually found a journal of yours and have a couple questions if you don't mind."