Chapter Four: Aftermath

I wake up feeling elated, I don't think I've ever felt more free after a night of crying. Maybe it's because I actually got good sleep, maybe it's because I confessed and told Nat. Who knows, sleep is weird. Sometimes my nights are restless, sometimes they aren't. Last night though, I dreamed of Sophie Duchess. Not nightmares, simple bliss, and I was going to take advantage of the bliss for as long as I could. Not waking Nat, I climbed out of bed. My toes scrunching up as I touched bare skin to the cold floor. I would never be ok with the feeling even if given 5 life times, it was very much uncomfortable. Getting up I think to myself on the days to follow. Mom and Dad will be here before we have time to run now, we have ensured our fate to be met head on with them now. It would be ok though me and Nat have each other, Sisters always. That's the promise we made each other years ago along with the promise to always protect each other even if we weren't on talking terms, which happened a lot more often than I would prefer to admit. As sisters we had our ups and our downs although our downs were worse than other sibling rivalries. At the worst I would end up bringing out Natalie's dark side unintentionally. At best we'd fight using spells on each other, always rude ones of course. But lately we have been drawn together with our impending doom coming, we really had no time to fight so together we just accepted things that would normally set the other off or the latter. So here I sit drinking some blood freshly poured out of a jar from the ellagant white fridge in the kitchen, waiting for my sister to wake, humming slightly to myself a lullaby I used to hum to Nat on her bad nights as a child.

It was here I had decided I had enough of emotions and feeling overwhelmed everytime. Something triggered my thoughts of Niko, closing my eyes I felt a weight lift off of my shoulders. The only way I could describe this euphoria is as if I flipped a switch letting go of myself. It was as if I had lost all emotional attachment to anything and everyone. When I thought of my sleeping sister upstairs I had nothing but curiosity flowing through my mind. As a matter of fact, I'm curious how far this goes through me. Quickly I conjure up thoughts of Sophie. Nothing. Amazing. I don't know what I've done to myself but I love not having to think about all the pain I've been through when I think of an emotional attachment. Maybe I could finally be ok. Maybe, just maybe we would get through this unsacthed.

I think between me and Natalie I wanted most of all to know what we were so I decide to leave a note on the table that read "Nat by the time you wake I'll be long gone, fear not sister I'm not skipping town without you. I'm only headed for answers, I shall return by morning." I was going to get the answers I wanted. However long it took. I left the house hurriedly not wanting to wait around longer than I had to, Nat would kill me if she woke to find me on my way out without waking her. So I walked out the door without a second thought in mind.

I head into town where I'm clueless as to where to go from here, always could use more improvement on my compulsion I suppose. Walking forward I see a cute little old lady I may have wished to become had I not technically been dead. "Hi." I say hoping to catch her attention. "Are you talking to me?" The little old lady asked me shocked that someone even cared that she existed. "Yes ma'am." I respond thoughtfully hoping to keep her interested. It seems to have worked as she turns to face me better. "How can I help you dear?" She asks, seeming intrigued. "Well, I was wondering if you happened to know where I could do some research on the unusual things that go bump in the night, you seem to be a wise little lady." I say knowing I must be coming off as a suck up. Eww I cringe to myself. I don't suck up, but I suppose if it gets me what I want oh well. "I believe the lady up the street might be able to help you with what you seek." She seems cautious of me as I pass. Does she know what I am? I question myself. Are there believers? I'd love to know. I let my mind wander as I walk down the street, I will get to my goal eventually.