Chapter Three: Kate's Break Down

***Longest chapter***

I see the face of sudden realization on her face in a heartbeat. She knows what she's done. I fear for her sanity right now. I glide over to her preparing for anything, taking a piece of her hair in hand to tuck it behind her ear. I say "Nat, Darling. You can't blame yourself in such situations." I hope I sound more believable than I do to myself right now. She doesnt know this but I went through something like this once, self hatred that is. I stare off at the wall slipping between now and past memories, "Kate" there's a sudden yell, our little brother, Niko. No, that's not Niko it can't be, Niko's not alive Kate, you know this. Be reasonable, I feel myself lose my thought of rationality as the memory tugs hard on my head. "Niko not right now." I mutter. Hopefully he'll get the hint, I'm not in the mood for my own brother. You're a horrible person I think to myself. There it is rational thought. I grab on to it as tight as I can. Nat's more important, don't let yourself slip. Not right now of all times. This rabbit hole you're in is very very dangerous Kate, I tell myself. SNAP OUT OF IT!! I scream at myself mentally. Slowly my sister comes back into focus. "Nat, sissy, You're going to be ok, you hurt someone, killed them in fact. It probably won't be the last time either. But you had no choice, it was me or her. She was going to kill me, sister, you saved me." I mumble in her ear, not able to lie to my sister, I promised myself never again. This most definitely won't be the last time we hurt or kill someone. We made a foolish decision not wanting to kill each other, we got turned. I mean technically only one of us needed to die. But my sister's big headed boyfriend couldn't let things be. So here we are both the living dead. Sad I know but this does in fact mean I'm correct this won't be the last time. But we will survive together. I refuse to let my own sister go down the rabbit hole, not when I've been there, it's not a good place to be. "Ad Sonum" I whisper the spell quietly, holding my arms out to catch my sister from falling to the floor in a deep sleep.

Finally I arrived at the house, I remember when carrying Natalie was the easiest thing in the world. I remember tucking her into bed when she had fallen asleep on the couch next to me, and helping her down from the monkey bars. She had been much much lighter, although she was just a child then, but so was I. Perhaps it's because I haven't had to do this in so long. Laying her on the couch, not sure if I would be able to make it up the stairs. I tuck her in with a blanket and sit in the chair next to her. I won't leave her side until I know she's stable. She will of course guilt trip me in the morning for not getting any sleep. But this is my little sister, maybe only by a few minutes. but still. It's worth it.

I watch as she wakes with a stir. "Kate." she says seeing me. "Hi Sis." I manage, the night before is setting in. I can see it in her eyes as they start watering. "Hey, Hey, it's ok." I mutter hugging her tightly. If I don't calm her now she might lose control again, that's the last thing I want right now. I rub her back slowly taking in her emotional state, a perk of being a witch. She's not calm enough but it'll have to do for now. Talking about it is only going to make things worse so instead I hum to her. I smile when she starts humming with me, her mood is changing, she's not just going to get better overnight, but this is a start. "I'll be right back." I whisper, I need to change. I feel the sweat and tears from last night still clinging to me.

Pulling my hair into a messy bun, I'm about to leave my room as I feel the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up. Then I smell it, a werewolf. I push off from the top stair as hard as I can using my supernatural speed to get to my sister as fast as I can. When I see she has the intruder pinned to the ground, fangs protruding as she hisses "Who are you!" the werewolf freezes when she sees me, making eye contact. I Whisper "Duchess?" She's there more clear than the town on a sunny day shoved against the ground under my sister's arm. Instinctively I pull Natalie off of her. "What are you doing here?" I ask. Taking in her appearance I notice she's skinnier than ever. "And what happened to you?" I ask hoping on everything deadly she'll answer honestly. "Kate, it's been awhile. Can we talk like civil people?" she asks. I sit down on the couch motioning to the other side for her to sit. She crosses the room gracefully as ever, sitting down lightly. "I'm here because you parents are coming." she whispers. My face goes grim in a split second, quickly forcing it back to normal to keep the mood calm. "I know." I say calmly, as calmly as I can anyway. "Why aren't you two skipping town then?!" she all but yells at us. Putting my hand on her shoulder in the attempt to calm her I say "We aren't afraid. We have merged already. Let them come." with a weary expression. "How's that possible you're both alive, and you smell different." she says scrunching her nose rather rudely. "We've Turned." I say knowing she will know what I mean.