Chapter Sixteen: The Pack

"Sophia, where are we going? We've been walking for hours." I say almost exasperated. "The Pack is this way." is all the answer i get. Natalie huffing behind me, passes me to catch up with sophia. "Are you sure?" she questions for the seventh time already. "Yes." Sophia yawns out. We continue following her for what seems like hours. Eventually we ran into a man mid-shift under the night's full moon that had fallen along our trail, along with the dark starry sky. Having already had a few Kainight rings made in case of emergencies, I ran to the man at full speed, not smart. He snaps towards me, angry pouring from his eyes. I can tell he wants a taste of me, and not in a good way. I snatched his hand from it's position on the ground forcing the ring onto one of his fingers, almost dropping it out of fear. He stops turning, slowly forcing his bones back into place. I flinched at every crack and snap there was. I still don't like the sound. He stands before me naked as the day he was born. Cupping his hand over the interesting parts, he looks me up and down, sniffs the air once and decides to speak, "why would you, a vampire, help me?" He's uneasy. "Because I'm also a witch. And I never had issues with werewolves." i state as if it was obvious. He nods towards Sophia "clearly, you're traveling with one." duh, who does he think he is looking at Sophia like that. " Look, I can make rings for the whole pack, I just need some help finding someone in particular." I had a chance. "You should meet the alpha, hope you got one more of those fancy rings of yours." I nod letting him know I do. Walking off we followed him further into the woods until we hit a camp of transitioning werewolves, this was a bad idea. I heard werewolf bites kill a vampire. He points at one man in particular, I repeat the actions I took with this rather helpful werewolf of which I've taken absolutely no time to get a name from. "Vampire." the alpha spit at me. "Heretic." I spit back. "What?" is all I get in response. "I'm half witch as are these two." I motion towards Shylo and my dear sister Natalie. "How-" I cut him off. "It doesn't matter. What does matter is I'm looking for someone, and in return for you and your packs help I can make all of you rings. So that those of you who don't want to suffer don't have to." he smiles smally at me. I think I've said the right words. "Who?' the alpha before me asks calmly knowing I knew what he meant. "He goes by the name Lewis Appenzeller." I whisper, noticing as the alphas' eyes widen in surprise. "Girlie you found the right pack, we've been trailing him for quiet some time, making sure he wouldn't do anymore stupid acts of recklessness. Only recently has he been able to evade us, we were slowed by the moon, but with this promise of help, we could find him by next week." I smile At the man before me that this whole pack respected. "I think we can benefit from each other Mr. ?" "Aiden" he finishes for me. we shake hands, bonding our deal with a blood sealing spell. Natalie finds herself in a tent already on the lack of rings issue, I ask Aiden to show me the ones who have not triggered their curse yet. Doing so gladly he leads me to a group of teens and kids, some adults all gathered around the campfire. "Hi I'm Kate. I need your help. All of you. Can you guys help me get a headcount of triggered wolves in the pack.'' Having already asked Aiden, he had said he was unsure of the simple fact that they had gathered a following of constantly growing numbers. This wasn't shocking at all. Omegas from other packs looking to be a beta in another pack if they could, some of them enthralled by the goal of this pack. It just made sense. I watched as Shylo started turning, bones snapping forward then back, then out of place and back where they belong. Shortly after, I'm standing near a beautiful golden reddish wolf. She glides over to me resting her head against my leg from where I had sat at the fire. All of the untriggered wolves lighting up when they saw a werewolf of complete control without a ring, all agreed to what I had asked of them. Nice one Shylo. I think to myself. She was really smart when she wanted to be. "What are you?" Aiden asked. "She's a werewitch." I do not know how many people she wanted to know about her full story. "That's why she can turn at will?" he asked. "Yes." I mumble. It was the best answer he was getting.