Chapter Twenty Two: The Baby

I had finally had time to calm down and take into consideration the information I had just been told. Natalie. Is. Pregnant. I look up at Madame Larue, a question hitting me as I remember what she had said. "Did you say she? The baby is a she?" I ask. She nods with a smile still feeding Natalie the blood for a jar I had handed her. From now on nat just had to feed more. This baby wanted power. I guess it's definitely like me. I chuckle at the thought. I don't know how this is going to play out but Natalie is gonna give birth. There's gonna be a baby around. Nats gonna be a mom. Wow. This amazing I'm going to be an aunt, nats going to be a mom, I thought we would never be able to have babies but nat is, and that's something. I'm vowing from this moment on Natalie and that baby girl is my top priority. I will be their protector. When they are defenseless I will be by their side, waiting to pounce. And I'm ready for this, I will spend the rest of my life protecting my sister and that baby. They are my only family now. I mean sure I have mom, dad, grams and gramps, but she's my closest thing to family. They weren't there for me when I needed them the most, for fuck sake they tried killing us. They think they did kill Natalie, and they are ok with that. What the fuck. This baby is the beginning of something beautiful and new. I promise this baby won't have the same life as us. Never will she be underestimated, abused, belittled or made to feel ashamed. Omg Aiden isn't going to believe this. Wait, maybe it's best to keep it a secret. Well I don't know for a man in his position it might be best he knows. "Kate?" Nat whispers, waking up. "Hi. You're awake. How do you feel?" I respond feeling the tears brimming on the edge of my eyes. "Kate what's going on? Where are we?" Does she not remember? "Nat, sissy you passed out... I brought you to a witch doctor. This is Madame Larue. Nat we need to talk." She looks at the doctor as I point to her. "Could you give us a minute?" I ask the lady that saved my sister. She looks my way, eyes catching mine, giving me the most sympathetic smile as she nods and walks out. "Nat, sissy. Something happened when you turned. Your baby used magic and protected itself and stayed alive.." I tell her hesitantly, making sure she's ok. "Oh." Is all she says starting at the ground.

Natalie

How does one handle something more than shocking? Because let's face it I was more than shocked. If we are being honest I'm not even sure how I feel, it's like I'm partially numb to the world, while the other part is still in shock of the fact that there is something growing inside of me, there's a tiny little body inside of me! And spoon enough I'll be able to hold it like I hold Kate when I'm sick, only now it's going to be when the little one inside of me is sick or has a bad day. I'm going to be in charge of someone else's life other than mine and Kate's, and technically I'm not in charge of Kate's, she's been doing just fine, keeping her head from going under. Me on the other hand, i feel like i might explode if i don't find some kind of comfort in this world, don't get wrong Kate is plenty comforting, it's just i want something like what used to be between her and Sophia. I want someone to love me, and kiss me with all the passion in the world. This baby is going to look to me for the same love that me and Kate have, and I will give it just that. And the baby will love me in return, but I want something more than a child's love. I want to get moving, explore the world, find someone that loves me, someone who looks at me like Kate looks at Shylo and Aiden. Kate has it all, she doesn't have to worry about what happens if she fails as a mom, she has people who love her, she has not one, but two people falling for her and she can't even choose, i hate it. Our whole life Kate has had everything next to peachy. I consider all of this the walk back to the camp in the woods. When we finally reach the entrance I see Aiden saunter over as if he's just so freaking happy she's back, I'm not trying to be jealous, or rude, but how inconsiderate of him, i'm the one that was dedicating. It's when this thought hits me that I explode. "Look at you, you have it all. Shylo likes you, Aiden likes you, ohia isn't over you. And you can't even let someone down and be with just one of them, you're basically leading them on." I blurt out before I realize I just outed Sophia still having feelings for Kate. when I see that sophia is hiding near the fire with a heartbroken look on her face, i know ive fucked up majorly. I feel horrible. I never should have said that. Oh my God what have I done? "No. Sophia, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to- " I'm in the middle of apologizing when I was cut off by kate. "Me? I'm torn between two people because they both have shown me who they are without asking for the same in return, and I don't know how I feel about either of them yet. As for Sophia, one, she broke my heart. Two, she never said anything, three you had no right spewing her personal business to everyone here. And four, I don't know what the hell crawled up your ass, but you shouldn't be so mean to the person that just saved your life Natalie." Kate spit with as much venom he could bring to her tone while talking to me.

******Loads longer guys. lots of love.-kate******