Chapter Thirty One: Who The Hell Are You?

Natalie's Point Of View

I watch as my sister runs away in a depressive state, not knowing how to help her. Not like I can anyway, She left me in charge of finding out who and what this person in the bag is. Sighing I ask "Sophie will you help her. I don't even know what I'm asking, just make her feel better, distract her, heal her, I don't know. Just help." She nods and runs after my sister. I sigh and siphon myself. Walking over to the bag I mutter "LeviBodus" making the child float in the air behind me I head back to my tent. I guess this means ring making is on hold for now. I walk over to my mat and lay her down, I'll talk to her when she wakes up on her own.

A couple hours have gone by, and she's just waking up. So I begin with the questions. "Hi I'm Natalie. I'm a Heretic, and I'm afraid that as a protector I can't let you do anything until I know exactly who you are. You understand where I'm coming from right? Kol and Rebekah Mikaelson of all people dropped you on us." She begins biting her fingernails. It's kind of adorable. "Nice to meet You Natalie, and yes I do understand where you are coming from. My name is Nylah Kinedy. I'm a siphoner, The original family murdered my mom and dad. Klaus, the family leader, I'm assuming, said I was too young to just kill. I guess maybe he thought he was doing the right thing in his own sick twisted head, but he wasn't, the right thing would have been to leave me and my family be. There you know about me. Now, What the hell is a Heretic?" Wow, that was a lot to take in. I guess the least I can do is answer the poor kid's question. "Well me and my twin sister Kate, are Heretics. We were born siphoners much like you. But we were turned into vampires. When a witch is turned they are forced to become a vampire, and lose their nature-linked witch side, or die a witch. That's not the case for siphoners, like you. My turn to ask a question. Siphoners are born in pairs of two, Twins, like myself and Kate. Where's your Twin?" She swallows a lump in her throat before answering. "I'm assuming as a Supernatural with a Siphiner Origin, You know of the merge?" I nod giving her confirmation to what she already knows. "Me and My brother Merged. And I won. " She shutters. "I'm so sorry. Me and Kate turned to avoid the merge. I understand to a point what it's like. But what was the actual merge like?" I ask her out of morbid curiosity. "When you merge you chant the spell Sanguinem desimilus Sanguinem generis fiantus! While holding hands. As you know, the winner lives, the loser dies. But the twin that wins, carries traits of the losing twin within them. For instance, my brother really loved nature. I didn't enjoy it as much as him, but now I do. He used to love the smell of blueberry pancakes, whereas mine was blueberry muffins, now it's both. So I guess in a way he lives on through me. Does that make sense?" I nod, listening intently to everything she has to say. "What was his name?" She smiles for a second then it falls, and she wipes her eyes. It appears I made her cry. "I'm sorry if I overstepped. I didn't mean to make you cry." She smiles at me. "It's not that. Just thinking about him always makes me sad still. I'm sorry you had to see me at my worst." I laugh. "If that's your worst Then I'm kind of happy. Mine and my sister's worst is way more messed up. I have An AlterEgo of sorts. She's dark and evil. My sister, Just becomes a whole wreck at her worst, Which to be honest I think might be soon, that is if she doesn't shut her humanity off again." She sighs. "That's a lot but, what do you mean if she doesn't shut her humanity off again?" I smile faintly, "When someone is turned into a vampire, they have the ability to shut their emotions away completely until they want them back. When we were younger, When we were still siphoners, she taught our brother Incendia and he burned himself alive in the barn by accident. And Kate believes it's her fault because she didn't warn him not to use the spell near dry stuff. But that's on anyone, our mother or father could have told him. I could have.... Anyway the last time Kate went down this rabbit hole of how it's her fault and what not, she kept beating herself up about it. Then one day she was just carefree, it didn't bother her that Niko was dead. It didn't bother her that I was scared about our parents finding us. Nothing bothered her. She simply just shut it off. For her it was bliss, but for me it was hell. That's us at our worst." Nylah sighs, taking it all in. "That's a lot to process, but I'm sorry you guys went through that." I smile. "Thank you for having any empathy." She laughs and Then my view is blocked in seconds. "Who the Hell are you??" Kate asks her. "Oh. I'm Nylah. You must be Kate." Kate spins on me "How The Hell Does She Know My Name Natalie?!?" I'm guessing this didn't go so well for Kate, she looks like a hot mess. Her hair is everywhere. Her shoes are dirty. Her shirt is backwards. And her pants are falling down a tad. She's losing her grip. "Kate, I asked her some questions and answered some of hers in return. How have you been since This morning?" She Gets a very dirty look on her face and before she can say or do anything I mutter "Vis Sera Portus" Kate gives me a quizzical look, "Natalie, Why did you just lock us in here?" I sigh. "You looked like you were about to lose your shit." She grimaces "I AM. I JUST LOST MY BEST FRIEND AND YOU ARE ASKING ME HOW I'VE BEEN. WHERE DO YOU GET THE RIGHT. SHE MEANT THE WORLD TO ME AND NOW SHE'S GONE BECAUSE OF ME. SHE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF ME!!!" I sigh again. "Kate You can't blame every death that happens on yourself. Lighten up a little. This is Rebekah Mikaelson's fault, not yours" Kate looks pissed yet again, I'm really not saying the right things today. Shit. "Niko is dead because I taught Him 'Incendia' Nat" she may have been talking but the second the world Incendia left her mouth the blood of hers prepped for the Kyanite rings Lit on Fire. "I told Rebekah to just take Lewis, he had been so nice to us, he was her father. I knew she wasn't just going to let it happen, yet I said it anyway. And because of that she's dead, Natty Ratty." I know she's being serious now. She doesn't just call me 'Natty Ratty' for shits and giggles. "Repo Oma Dal Most" I whisper unsealing the tent. "I'm sorry Kate, but you either find a way to understand that this isn't your fault, or leave my tent. There's a kind of human person in here and your magic isn't stable right now." My eyes tear up as I'm saying this to her because I've never had to be mean to her before and it's killing me.