Chapter 3: Metal Sonic

Suddenly, Shadow and I were teleported into a what seemed to be a forest area. This part of the forest had less trees and was more flat grassland. Although a few hundred feet away, I noticed a bunch of trees and plants. I observed the scenery as I backed away from Shadow.

"Why did you teleport us here?"

"You are going to train here." Shadow said in a more forceful tone.

"How do I train for something I don't even have?" I crossed my arms, mimicking him.

"You do have powers. We just need to activate them." Shadow shifted into a fighting stance.

"What...what are you doing?" I backed away slowly. He let out a low chuckle.

"Fight me."

"Are you insane?!"

"Just do it."

"I don't even know how to fight! You'll kill me!"

"Calm down. I won't kill you." I didn't like how he put too much emphasis on 'kill.'

"Can we do it some other way?" I nervously chuckled as he walked closer towards me.

"Nope." Just like that, Shadow threw a punch at me. I, thankfully was able to dodge it, but I couldn't help but feel slightly betrayed and shocked.

"You're actually gonna hurt me?!" I screamed.

"Not if you stop me." Shadow bolted towards me. I took off screaming and rushed into the woods. I knew Shadow could teleport but to my luck, he wasn't doing it. I climbed up a tree and hid in it. Staying as silent as possible so Shadow wouldn't hear me.

I heard walking from nearby. I shivered at the thought that Shadow had already found me. That couldn't be possible though...I had sworn I was running way faster than him! There's no way he could've caught up to me.

As I was trying to retrace my steps I failed to notice cold fingers tugging me down. I yelped as I fell from the tree and landed on my butt. I whipped my head around and saw a robotic version of Sonic staring down at me. Metal Sonic.

"Oh no..." I gasped and immediately stood up. I tried to run like earlier but Metal Sonic was too quick and stopped me. He threw me into a tree and my head was the first to get hit. I winced in pain as I reached for my throbbing head and sat leaning against the tree.

Metal Sonic was hovering over me, watching my very limp and injured body. He lifted his leg up and started kicking my stomach. I jerked back in forth in pain but I was too weak to get up.

When the kicking stopped I failed to notice the cause. I was in too much pain to even keep my eyes open. All I could do was groan. I heard a bunch of clanging and I had only hoped someone was there kicking Metal Sonic's ass. I opened my eyes and to my surprise, Shadow was there throwing Metal Sonic into a tree.

A few minutes later, he easily disassembled the robot. I was shocked, even with a injured arm he was able to defeat him. So what does that say about me? I tried to stand up but I couldn't. I even tried reaching for the tree but immediately fell back down. Shadow started walking over to me, but for once, I couldn't read his facial expression.

"Damn it!" I heard him mumble to himself. He stopped when he was close enough to me. He looked at my struggling figure up and down and sighed. I felt guilt for being such a bother and weakling. I was just another thing Shadow had to deal with...

"I'm...sorry..." I weakly spat out. Shadow raised a brow at this.

"What are you sorry for?" He seemed surprised by my apology. He knelt down to my level and looked me into my eyes, awaiting an answer.

"For being so...weak." I huffed. Shadow just gave me a blank stare. I was expecting him to answer, but instead he gently picked me up ,bridal style, and chaos controlled us out of the forest.

Next thing I know, I'm laying down on the couch. The others were back and were shocked by my injuries.

"Where were you two?!" Amy yelled, making my headache worse.

"Ow..." I mumbled, hoping she'd take the hint to quiet down. Shadow looked back at me again, still with a unreadable expression and left to the kitchen. I stared at everyone with confusion until a few moments later Shadow came back with an ice pack and handed it to me. I took it, gratefully.

Everyone seemed to be in another state of shock by Shadow's actions. I knew he was a rather rude hedgehog but getting someone who's injured an ice pack is just something you do for everyone, right? Maybe not for Shadow...

"Mind explaining what happened?" Knuckles folded his arms.

"She was attacked by Metal Sonic." Shadow glared back at the echidna.

"We told you to stay inside!" Rogue chimed in.

"And I told you to not tell me what to do! I'm the ultimate-"

"Ultimate lifeform, I know! That doesn't give you the right to put Y/N in danger!" Sonic yelled back. They didn't think it was Shadow's fault..did they?

"It wasn't...his fault." I weakly muttered. Everyone stared back at me, with sympathetic faces, except Shadow.

"How so..?" Rogue questioned, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"It was my decision to go outside, he was just 'babysitting' me..." I looked down at the floor.

"Y/N, it's dangerous out there. You have to promise us you won't go back out there without more of us with you." Sonic spoke up, breaking the silence.

"I know, I learned my lesson." I gave them all a weak smile. Shadow looked away from all of us, I couldn't tell what was up with him but he was certainly acting strange.

"Alright, good. Let's leave Y/N be everyone." Sonic cleared out the group quickly as they all went back outside and shut the door behind them. I only assumed they were going to have some sort of team meeting or something, but that thought was pushed away when I noticed one person who hadn't left. Shadow.