Chapter 37: Rescuer

"Uh, hello?"

The version of me yelped and stumbled backwards. I flinched at the sight and chuckled nervously, putting down the notepad and standing up.

"What the hell?! Are you an Eggman clone?!" She gasped, grabbing a stick to hold in defense.

"What? No! I'm from another world and got thrown in here by fatass! I swear I'm not working for Eggman!" I explained, trying to reassure her into putting the stick down which seemed to work.

"Does Shadow know?" She muttered, temporarily placing her trust in me.

"No, but I can't believe you missed your two year anniversary! Do better, girl!" I smacked the back of her head in utter disappointment. She growled and pushed my hand away.

"It's not my fault! Eggman kidnapped me and I had to fend for myself!"

"...Oh. Well, I guess I better fill you in on our day then so you don't confuse Shadow."

Blaze POV:

"So, Shadow, do you think chaos control will work?"

The three of us were in a tight space in one of Eggman's secret abandoned rooms. We managed to convince Shadow to come with us after explaining our idea. He still seemed very stressed and uneasy though.

"It better." He gritted his teeth. I rolled my eyes and gave him a chaos emerald. He hastily took it and let out a breath.

"CHAOS CONTROL!"

I blinked.

He was still here.

"Um, maybe try again?" Silver suggested.

"CHAOS CONTROL!"

...

This is going to be difficult.

"GOD DAMMIT! WHY WON'T IT WORK?!" Shadow growled. He angrily clutched the emerald and if it were so strong, it would've shattered to pieces by now.

"Well, you have to visualize where Y/N is! Do we have any idea what universe she travelled to?" I glanced at Silver who shrugged. He took out the tracker from his quills and tried scrolling through loads of universes.

"Hurry up already!" Shadow hissed, causing Silver to squeak and scroll faster. He landed on a (F/C) square but scrolled past the world. I took the tracker from him and went back up.

"You nearly missed it, Silver!" I glared at him. He gasped and didn't even dare to look at the menacing look Shadow was giving him. "There! Y/N is in...Sonic Boom?"

The three of us quirked our heads back in confusion.

"Do you know anything about that universe?" Silver asked Shadow and I.

"There's some information on here...it says that Shadow is supposedly a anti-hero here but still somehow knows Y/N—" My eyes widened as I continued reading the information and then I smirked. Specifically at the part with Shadow and
Y/N...

"What about the setting? I need to know the area to teleport there." Shadow snapped from his deep thought and looked at me inquisitively.

"It's a tropical island. Apparently Y/N is at the cave where that Shadow stays right now. I just hope she hasn't met herself there. That would be a mess." Shadow nodded in agreement as he took in the information. All the while, Silver and I smirked at each other.

"Is the cave like mine?"

"I think so. It's on a mountain near the woods." I answered, reading off the information from the watch.

"Okay, Blaze and I will try and stop Eggman while you go save Y/N. Deal?" Silver looked at Shadow with a slight smile.

"Tsch, I was going to save her with or without your consent." Shadow rolled his eyes and picked the chaos emerald back up.

"Whatever. See you and Y/N soon?" Silver waved goodbye as I just nodded my head in farewell.

"Yes, and...be safe." Shadow said unnaturally before starting again, "CHAOS CONTROL!"

This time, Shadow had disappeared entirely and failed to notice the large smile that appeared on his sons face.

"Well Silver, I guess Shadow really does care for his son." I laughed and intertwined my hands with my boyfriend who smiled more gleefully at me and blushed.

"Heh, not even close to how affectionate he is with me in present time though." Silver chuckled as the two of us continued walking along into Eggman's lair.

"I can't argue with that. Now, let's go save our friends."

Y/N POV:

The version of me in this world went inside with Shadow and brought her book with her. She told me the story of how she and Shadow came to be and I couldn't help but laugh at it.

I sat outside of the cave glancing at the stars and in thought. I started to remember how I left things with Shadow and felt guilty. I shouldn't have argued with him like that. That could've been the last time I saw him! I really hope it isn't...

I let out a heavy sigh and my thoughts trailed off elsewhere. I started to realize I had been kissed by Shadow today. The Shadow here. I unintentionally blushed and brought my hands to my own lips.

He did it so...naturally.

I shook away my thoughts. I shouldn't be thinking that at a time like this! I could be stuck here forever! Enough waiting! I need to find a way out of here—

"—CONTROL!" I dared to looked behind me and to my surprise, I saw the ebony hedgehog from my world with a chaos emerald in his hand.

He can chaos control to other dimensions?!

"Y/N! Are you okay?" Shadow ran up to me and looked me up and down, tracing for any injuries. He sighed when he found nothing.

"Yeah. But it's been a weird day, Mr. Emo. There are some things I don't even want to share..." I shuttered again as I remembered the pet name I had been called earlier. Shadow quirked a brow at this.

"You can tell me later, we have to get back now." Shadow reached for my hand but paused, "...I am sorry for earlier Y/N. If I didn't abandon you this wouldn't of happened."

"...I forgive you. I shouldn't of gotten so mad either." I lightly giggled and a genuine smile appeared on Shadow's face.

"And, it's Shadow." He frowned. I laughed once more and grabbed his hand. He took the hint and held his chaos emerald up high.

"Goodbye, Y/N and Shadow." I looked a the cave behind me with a smile.

"CHAOS CONTROL!"