Chapter 33: Mission-Missing

Shadow and I burst through Eggman's door, only to find that no one was there. We glanced at each other in blank confusion, but got interrupted by a computer being thrown in our faces.

"Oh! Shadow and his human girlfriend! I assume you're here for the blue rodent and his puny friends?" On the screen, appeared Eggman sitting in a lab chair. He seemed to be in another room that was unfamiliar to the ones I've seen.

"Where are they, Doctor?!" Shadow growled. Eggman erupted into laughter at the mere sight of his frustration.

"You'll just have to find them yourself. Unless, of course, you'd like to join me..?" I looked back at Shadow who seemed to be considering this. I panicked and nearly backed away from him.

"You're pathetic. Like hell I'd join you."

"Oh, well. You're missing out on a great opportunity though!" Eggman glanced behind him and pressed a concerningly bright button, "Robots attack!"

We didn't even have time to turn around as a mob of robots burst through the doors behind us and the computer screen flew away. Shadow got into a protective position as he pulled me behind him and stood in a battle stance.

"Stay here. I'll stop this."

I grunted as I watched him take off into battle. Didn't Silver say I could handle this? Why is he holding me back?!

I don't want to lose another person I love.

I sighed as I slouched in my standing position. I understood him being protective...but that doesn't mean I liked it.

As I sulked I failed to notice the warnings I received from Shadow, soon enough, one of Eggman's bots came flying at me and flung me into the marble floor.

"You're gonna pay for that!" Shadow threw himself on top of the robot and easily dismantled it. I sat up and noticed a big slash on my right chin. I hissed in pain as I grabbed my leg and watched Shadow.

"Y/N, we need to get out of here! Grab on to me." Shadow teleported to my sitting self and yanked my wrist. He pulled out his chaos emeralds and 'chaos controlled' us to another part of his facility, what seemed to be a abandoned hallway.

"This is what I meant! You should've just stayed behind!" He growled as he kneeled down to assess my injuries. I didn't like his behavior so I pulled my leg away from his grasp.

"I'm trying to help you. Stop being stubborn!" He reached for me again. For the second time, I scooted away from him and held my leg.

As he continued to protest and insult me, I focused on my bleeding leg and held it, concentrating on my thoughts. A few seconds later, a bright light elated from my hands and absorbed my cut. It disappeared entirely as the light faded away.

"I can handle myself." I spat as I stood up perfectly normal. Shadow hid his obvious shocked expression and 'hmphed'.

"So, what's the plan, Emo? That clearly wasn't the right room." Shadow glared at me for the nickname, which I happily glared back.

We were definitely fighting.

"I'm not the one that led us there. It was that idiot, Silver." He grunted, shutting his eyes and folding his arms.

"Pretty rude to someone that shares your own blood." I sneered.

"Just shut up and follow my lead." Shadow snapped as he shot his eyes open.

"Why should I listen to you? Who are you to tell me what to do?"

"I'm the Ultimate Lifeform—"

"You're overusing that. It loses its meaning." I smirked triumphantly. Shadow furrowed his brows and I could tell he was holding back his anger.

"Fine. You want to be like that? Have fun on your own!" Shadow turned and walked away, which I didn't protest in the slightest.

"Pfft, you're the one being immature. But fine, I'm perfectly capable of being on my own." Shadow haulted but kept his back to me. I grinned in victory as he sighed and 'chaos controlled' away.

Asshole.

I took this moment to look around the room and analyze my situation. This part of the lair was clearly not being used so I was safe from being attacked. Still, I was alone and lost.

Maybe I could find Silver and Blaze?

No. I need to prove myself worthy. I looked down at the floor and began walking to my left...

Better start somewhere.

Blaze POV:

"How are Shadow and Y/N doing with their half, Silver?"

"Let me check...Oh no." Silver gasped as he looked at his tracker.

"What?"

"They split up. Ugh, I knew this would happen." Silver facepalmed as he shut the tracker off. I don't understand how they don't get along...Aren't they supposed to be—

"We should probably go search for Y/N. As Shadow said she's a rookie and doesn't know her powers yet." I nodded at Silver as the two of us broke free from the vent we were hiding in. Silver led me as he used his tracker to locate Y/N.

Who seemed to be very off track.

"She's so far away! How'd she even get there?!" He groaned as he looked back at his wrist watch. I placed my hand on his shoulder for reassurance.

"Is Shadow closer? Maybe we can convince him to go help Y/N."

"We could try that. But it might be better to just leave him alone. If he's in a mood, he's not going to want to see us." Silver sighed.

"And you're telling me he's your dad?" I laughed.

"Trust me, he's different than he is right now. He's much nicer." Silver smiled and rolled his eyes. The two of us continued walking towards the direction Y/N was in until Silver suddenly came to a stop, panicked.

"Silver, what's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Y/N! She's completely gone! She just disappeared from thin air!"

"Let me see." Silver showed me his watch and...he was right. Y/N's margins were no where to be found. Completely missing.

"Shit. Where do you think she went?"

"I don't know. But we better find out fast or else this whole mission is going to fail..." Silver looked at me, worrisome.

"Then I think we need to get Shadow."