Chapter 35: Unexpected

"W-what?"

"Where have you been?! You should know better than to go into the village." Shadow scolded, furrowing his brows.

"Um...I wasn't in the village?" I replied, confused.

"Then where were you? I thought we were supposed to go on our date today." He huffed. Date?! My cheeks heated at the thought.

"...We can still go on it, right?"

"Yeah. But don't worry me like that." Shadow sighed, pulling me into a hug. I completely was left stunned at the gesture.

What sort of parallel universe am I in?!

"Okay, sorry. Where are we going to go?" I smiled as we pulled away from each other.

"Hmph. I already told you it's a surprise." Guess he still 'hmphs'.

"Ugh, fine. When are we going—" Before I could finish, Shadow grasped my hand and pulled it into his, taking out a red chaos emerald. He did a quick 'chaos control' and teleported us to some sort of lake in the forest.

"Now." Shadow chuckled.

...He chuckled?

"Oh, wow...Shadow, this place is beautiful." I gasped at the sight of the gleaming blue water and the flowery water fall bordering it.

"Not as beautiful as you." Shadow smirked as he pulled me in closer, wrapping his arms around my shoulder. I blushed madly, trying to hide my face.

"No, don't hide your blush from me. It's cute." Shadow whispered in my ear, making me blush more.

This is so unlike him. My Shadow would never—

I couldn't even finish my thought because Shadow had twirled me around to face him and placed his own hands on my waist. I stood there shell-shunned as he immediately locked his lips onto mine.

I slowly kissed back, unsure of what to really do. Shadow is kissing me?! What are we here? Since when was Shadow so flirty?! Then, I felt guilty. I obviously existed in this universe...so where was my clone? And, this isn't my Shadow. How would he feel about me kissing him?

Shadow pulled away once he realized I needed to breath. But not without planting another soft kiss on my lips and setting me down on the grass with him.

"Hmph. You were always a good kisser." Shadow grinned, actually showing his teeth. I turned away again, embarrassed.

"You were too...I guess." I mumbled, making his shit-grin wider.

"What was that?" He leaned in closer.

"Nothing!" I zipped, attempting to shove him away but failing miserably.

"Sure~ I brought your favorite food by the way." Shadow dug into a basket, putting out my (f/f) onto the blanket.

"Oh my god!" I squealed. I grabbed my
(f/f) and hastily ate it, making Shadow smirk proudly of himself.

"Happy two years, princess." Shadow sighed, kissing my forehead. I nearly dropped dead on sight.

...No fucking way.

I had to resist the urge to throw up the food out from my mouth. 2 years?! Fucking 2 years?! What the actual fuck?!

"Haha, happy two years Shadow." I hesitantly kissed his lips, him kissing back as soon as possible and more harsher.

"I love you so much, Y/N." Shadow muttered. I held back a gasp when I realized this was probably a normal thing for him to say to me here.

"...I love you too, Shadow."

I can't believe I just said that.

~

Blaze POV:

"How the hell are we supposed to reach her?!" Shadow screamed, throwing a fit in frustration.

"Calm down, Shadow! We always figure it out. We'll think of something." Silver grabbed his shoulder, to our surprise he didn't swat it away and he calmed his breaths.

We had been going at trying to get Y/N back for an hour now. Nothing worked. Eggman wouldn't reveal his secret and we were just being stalled by bots.

In conclusion, We needed to think of a different strategy.

"Why should I calm down?! She could be dead and we're all just sitting on our asses!" He snarled, not even trying to compose his anger.

"Shadow, you won't be of any help taking your anger out on us," Silver sighed, opening his eyes boldly, "Take it out on Eggman instead."

Shadow looked at him for a split second, and then nodded. Before we knew it Shadow had chaos controlled to Robotniks control room.

At least that's over with.

"You really think sending a steaming hedgehog into the center of chaos is the right choice?" I turned to face my boyfriend.

"Maybe, maybe not. Either way he'll figure it out and possibly find a way to save Y/N." Silver looked into the air, passionately. One of the many things I admire him for.

"So then what should we do?"

"We won't just sit around, we can try coming up with another way to find the secret of getting Y/N."

"You said a parallel universe, correct?" I inferred, tapping my chin.

"Yes, why?" Silver snapped from his trance.

"Would there be any way to 'chaos control' there or use our powers?" Silver's eyes widened, slightly surprised by the question.

"Well...no not for us. But I'm not sure for Shadow. No one has ever tried chaos controlling to another universe." Silver squeaked, starting to regret his past choices.

"Ugh, does this mean we have to chase after Shadow again?" I groaned.

"...Sorry?" Silver chuckled nervously. I elbowed him in the gut for my 'gratitude' and started making my way towards Shadow's direction. Silver following behind mumbling apologies.

We're coming Y/N.