Chapter 20: New Discovery

"Y/N, how'd you do that?!" Amy asked calmly. The group settled down slightly but was still in total shock.

"I don't even know! I don't remember doing anything..." I tried to go through every step of what happened but I couldn't figure the puzzle out.

"Hey, at least we know some of your powers!" Sonic elbowed Amy.

"Yes, but we don't know what triggered them." Tails chimed in, rather intrigued that he couldn't wrap his head around it.

"We'll figure it out when the time comes." Shadow commented. I had to admit, that was strangely wise advice but it was weird hearing it from him.

"Did the chaos emeralds say something like that?" I questioned, glancing at Shadow. Shadow nodded his head slowly and the group seemed to relax.

"I guess we should follow its advice then." Knuckles concluded.

"So, what now?" I stood up from my bed and glanced at the group.

"Well, I would've liked to figure out the source to your powers...but like Shadow said that's not a good idea..." Tails sighed, clearly not pleased with the groups agreement.

"Maybe I can just walk around town and see if anything activates." I shrugged.

"Okay, but how are you going to know when that happens?" Rogue narrowed her eyes.

"Someone should stay with her." She continued, shooting a glance at Shadow.

"I'll do it." Shadow abruptly answered. Everyone stared back at him in shock but didn't dare to say anything.

"Are you sure?" Sonic asked nervously.

"Yes, faker. She'll be fine." Shadow seemed rather annoyed. I mean, I would be too if none of the group trusted me.

"Are you posit-"

"Rose, I'm pretty sure this new fancy restaurant opened up. You and Sonic should go there." Shadow shot Sonic a sly smirk as he gave Shadow a pleading look.

"Oh my gosh! Let's go, Sonikku!" Before we knew it, Amy dragged Sonic's whining ass out of the room and we all broke into laughter.

"Sonics going to be so mad!" Tails nearly cried from laughing.

"Worth it. Let's go, Y/N." Shadow smirked as he walked over to me and held my hand. I nodded my head in agreement as he pulled the chaos emerald out.

"CHAOS CONTROL!"

Shadow teleported us into the middle of the city. I didn't really recognize the place but Shadow seemed to be familiar with it.

"Where are we..?" I glanced at the pleased hedgehog.

"I dunno. I just didn't want to be there." Well, there goes my theory that he knows what he's doing...

"Alrighty then. How can we activate my powers?" I rolled my eyes, slightly aggravated.

"No clue." Shadow hummed as he crossed his arms and leaned against a wall.

"Fine. Can you at least show me around?" I gritted my teeth.

"Pfft, I don't know where we are." Shadow nearly laughed at the question. I had just about had it with his hedgy!

"Do you know anything?!" I nearly yelled, earning the opening of eyes from Shadow.

"I know you got some anger issues." He replied blandly. I was resisting the urge to throw him into a wall.

"Look who's talking, Mr. ImsoedgyIhateeverythingandeveryone!" I clenched my fists.

"At least I'm not dumb enough to not see that ball from earlier." Okay, that was my last straw.

A sudden urge came over me as I slowly floated in the air, I noticed light shimmering around me as I let the anger take over. Next thing I know, I flung myself at Shadow.

"Aha!" Shadow chuckled. I didn't understand why he was happy. I just pinned him to the floor...oh.

I stood up and quickly got off him which made me realize that I had just FLEW! I can fly! I squealed at my new discovery, not even realizing the blush on Shadow's muzzle.

"You've got a mean way of helping." I mumbled, still trying to show my anger at Shadow.

"That's the only way I know." Shadow smirked. Jeez, that's like the tenth time today. I had never seen him this amused before!

"Whatever! You could've at least told me." I shut my eyelids, not wanting to take another look at him.

"That would've ruined the plan, idiot." Shadow replied just as annoyed. Was he trying to piss me off again?

"We should go back to fakers shack and tell the others." I didn't respond but opened my eyes and walked towards him.

"Fine, if you're going to be like that then we are walking." Shadow put his chaos emerald away.

"What? No! I'm tired!" I groaned.

"Too bad. C'mon."

And so, Shadow and I walked side by side off into the sunset.

Holding hands.