Chapter 8: Berries

"Cream? What's the matter?" Amy took notice of Cream's worried expression.

"Y/N swallowed the berries!" Everyone had their eyes wide. Even Shadow. I gulped. Were they poisonous? Was I going to die?

"Uh..." I broke the silence.

"Y/N, those berries have the same side affects as alcohol. How much did you eat?" Tails asked seriously. I couldn't even count, I was so busy trying to look distracted I was basically chugging those things.

"Way too many..." I watched their expressions panic. "How long till the side effects kick in?"

"For us, it takes a half hour. I've never seen a human eat them before so I'm not sure. But we better get you home." I knew for a fact they had incredibly fast metabolisms. So I knew it would kick in, in a matter of minutes now. I was already starting to feel dazed.

"Shadow, can you chaos control her out of here? I don't think she'd react well to Sonic's speed." Instead of Shadow complaining, which I expected, he nodded silently. He walked over to me and tugged my wrists. I said nothing.

"CHAOS CONTROL!"

Just like that, we were back in the bedroom I had been previously staying in. I was pretty out of it by the time we had reached the room and I felt Shadow calmly place me down on the bed.

"Damn..." Shadow mumbled.

"What?" I tossed the blanket over myself.

"It's my fault...again." Shadow chucked to himself. I was too dizzy to give a reasonable answer.

"Cheer up, Shads!" I patted the hedgehog on the shoulder. He grunted at the gesture.

"Guess it's already in your blood, huh..." Shadow smirked at me.

"That yellow fox...he's got a cure right?"

"Tails? He'll figure it out. That kid always does." Shadow stared at my wobbling figure, I was starting to battle against my own thoughts, slowly losing my self control.

"Do you need water or uh, something...?" Shadow held a concerned look.

"I'm perfectly good, silly hedgy!" I broke into a fit of giggles, Shadow raised a brow at my state of mind.

"Can the others just hurry up..." Shadow mumbled.

As if on que, the gang burst through the bedroom door and gasped at my figure. Did I really look that bad?

"Shadow! She's so pale! Why didn't you do anything?" Amy scolded.

"What was I supposed to do?" Shadow turned back around and glared at her.

"Give her medicine, ice, y'know medical care!" Amy placed her hands on her hips.

"Tails, can you fix her?" Shadow dropped the subject and brought the attention on the fox.

"Um, I may have something in my workshop that could help. Let me go look..." Tails darted to his office and the others followed. Shadow seemed to be the only one to stay.

"Why aren't you joining them, Mr. Emo?" He grunted at the nickname.

"Stop talking, you're drunk."

"Don't tell me what to do!"

"Sweet chaos..."

"I am a perfectly capable women, may I remind you!"

"Tsk, please. You can barely lift a rock."

"That's normal for my kind!"

"Exactly. Humans are weak."

"Well, I'm special~" I winked at the hedgehog.