Chapter 6

The palace was extraordinary from the start. Right when you walk in, it had little areas to sit and talk or have a snack, and a spiral staircase with shining railings on either side.

My maids lead me straight to my room while I was still in astonishment. The room was amazing as well. My eyes widened right when the door opened. There was a huge bed and a vanity with the most enormous walk-in closet. I couldn't help but to gasp with excitement. This is were I would be staying. I can't believe I almost hesitated coming.

"I'm glad you like it!" Giggled Chelsea.

"Like it? I'm in love with it!"

4 dresses already hung from the pole across the ceiling, but they were wrapped in plastic so I couldn't see them.

Karen pulled one out and mumbled, "Our first task is to give you a makeover so let's get started now."

They sat me down in the chair in front of the vanity. Chelsea started trimming my hair.

"I won't take much length off if you don't want me to. I'm just trying to even the ends out."

From there, they pulled me up and placed me into another coral/pink colored dress with spaghetti straps. They removed my sandals and replaced them with beautiful pink heels with bows on them.

I never expected such a beautiful outfit. I was filled with excitement. It was so overwhelming.

I sat back down in the chair and Karen began painting my face in makeup. I can't explain everything she put on because a lot of it was foreign to me. All I know was false eyelashes were glued to my eyes and light pink lipstick was stuck to my lips. They added a finishing touch, after they were done lacing up my hair into a braided bun, which was a stunning silver ring.
I look at myself in the mirror and it was unbelievable.

"I'm speechless. I look gorgeous." I said, once again blown away.

"No problem!" My maids said together.

I looked better than I ever had in my life. I was actually pretty for once, not just an average pale teenage with zits on my face.

They walked me down to a room with all the selected in it. It was a huge room with a few couches and side tables. It must have been like a lounging area.

"Welcome girls!" The woman who welcomed us into the palace spoke. "You all look lovely! Unfortunately one of the selected, Bethany, has given up her spot and will not be participating in the selection. I know this information may not be relevant to you, but I was told to inform you. However, what I am going to be telling you now will be relevant and you must pay attention. Every few weeks you will be assigned tasks which you must accomplish. The first task you will have to do is star on The Report with Marcus and Prince Ryan on Thursday to introduce yourself to America. If you do not do this, you will be eliminated. Tomorrow night you will be having dinner will the royal family so you must be prepared for that at 6:00. Those are all the updates I have for you right now. If you are interested in looking around the palace them ask your maids about it. Any questions?"

The selected looked focused; listening intently. I was filling with happiness and excitement. So much excitement that once I found my way to Amity, I burst out into laughter.

"This is so exciting!" I peeped.

"I know! You look dashing by the way!"
"Oh thank you! You do yourself!" I looked at her light blue strapless dress. It had folds every here and there and little jewels at the top, like mine.

We talked for a while before I headed back to my room at around 8:30 at night. I heard peaceful crickets and footsteps from around the palace. I plopped my body on my bed and smiled at the ceiling, but shortly after, Chelsea and Karen helped me get ready for bed.

They insisted that I should get a bath, and I felt uncomfortable. Getting naked in front of my maids that I just met today, was not my first intention. But I got in anyways and they placed rose petals in the bath. Candles burned around me leaving a lovely sent in the room. Nothing could be more relaxing.
Afterword, they changed me into a soft, silky nightgown and fixed my hair into a loose ponytail.

"Thank you, girls," I said smiling at them.

"Of course, Lady Emily. Now one of us must stay with you while you sleep tonight. You may choose who you would like to stay." Karen told me.

"Um... I don't think that's necessary. You guys can go to your own rooms. I'd hate to be a burden."

"Oh no, Lady Emily! You are just the opposite of a burden! You are a blessing to us! Now we aren't stuck doing dishes everyday anymore!" Giggle Chelsea.

I chuckled and said, "I insist that you go get sleep in your own rooms. I'll be fine and will see you in the morning."

"Thank you Lady Emily." They said at the same time.

They walked out of the door and I laid in the soft blankets of my bed. I sighed and giggled to myself. This'll be fun.
But that's the moment my life was turned around.

I heard a knock on the door and when I went to answer it, a tall figure stood in front of me.