Chapter 37

"I just don't understand why Blair feels the need to come the palace now, specifically when the selection is almost over," Amelia spoke and motioned her hands in front of her as she did so.

"I know. It's totally not necessary, but I guess she's just being a typical girl wanting to cause drama just for the fun of it," I reiterated.

"But why? We have plenty of drama going on without her. For example, rebels-"

"My leg," I interrupted.

"Ryan."

"Our families."

"The royals."

"Reporters."

"The critics."

"And tasks, tasks, so many tasks!"

"Ah, I guess she's just a cherry on the top."

We laughed and continued to secretly complain about the arrival of Blair and her family.

Today was Saturday, the day Blair would be forthcoming to the palace, and Amelia and I sat at a table near the front entrance waiting to see her and her family. The table we sat at was the selfsame one I utilized when I waited for my family to come to the elite party. It was a round, white table with small matching chairs and soft blue cushions. The area to the entrance was coordinating with white and pale blue colors. The entire room was white, but the color blue appeared in some places, like the cushions, the door and window frames, and entrance rug.

I stared toward the window waiting for Blair. She was pronounced to arrive this morning, however, it was already 10:30 and she hadn't been spotted yet. Ryan and the rest of the royal family sat in other chairs around the room, along with officials and a few maids and guards.

Ryan told us yesterday what to do during her arrival at that was to simply smile and greet ourselves. Curtsying wasn't necessary since we weren't from France. Still, even though she was a teenage lovebird specifically over Ryan, I was nervous about meeting her. Queen Marcy told us not to be intimidated by her, but how could I not? She was Ryan's best friend who obviously had a lot of fun with him. I had no natural connections with Ryan other than having my name randomly drawn for the selection. My friendship with Ryan was practically forced, but my relationship with him, well, that was something we built ourselves.

"They are here!" an official howled a little too loudly.

Everyone looked up and the palms of my hands began to sweat. I did not want to meet this girl personally.

"Oh, hello!" A feminine French voice giggled.

She stepped out of a clean black limousine and hugged the guard who opened the door for her. I immediately recognized that guard as Edison.

"It has been so long!" she giggled once more and continued to stay attached to him.

I looked down to my hands that were properly swaying in front of me. Amelia and I stood and waited by the door that was opened for them.

Blair's parents stepped out as well, her father smiling joyfully, and her mother giggling along and clenching her hands over what appeared to be a slight bump on her stomach. I came to the conclusion she was pregnant.

"Mum, look! It's Eddie! Remember him?!" She pealed away from him and turned to her mother.

"Oh, yes!" Her mother sighed with a smile.

As soon as they were all out of the car, along with their luggage, the limousine drove away and they headed for the entrance of the palace.

"Here we go," Amelia whispered to me as she shook her head and faked a big smile.