Chapter 24

Today was the party.

Last night, my family slept in a room a little ways away from mine and Karen helped be their temporary maid.

I wasn't getting enough sleep lately, but last night I slept easily since I knew my family was here.

However, my maids were now helping me get ready for the dance. Earlier today, I showed my family around the palace and we had breakfast and lunch together.

Talking to my mom was still a little awkward considering the "love" conversation we had last night. I tried to forget about, though, but my mom obviously remembered. I could tell by the look on her face that she was hinting about that topic. I shook it off.

Currently, however, my maids came to me with a gorgeous dress. It was a almost like a cocktail dress that was a stunning pink color. It was beaded up the top and hugged my middle; coming to a tank top sleeve.

"Do you like it?" My maids smiled.

"Wow!" I gasped, "it's amazing. There wasn't one dress that you guys came to me with that failed to please me. How do you always make the most beautiful and perfect dresses?" I giggled as they helped me put it on.

"With our magic touch," Chelsea joked.

I laughed and they gave me some light pink heels to match. They did my makeup extra dramatic with shocking red lipstick and thick dark eyeliner.

"You're all set," they smiled.

"Thank you guys," I said hugging them, "I hardly ever tell you guys how much I appreciate you. You are they best maids I could ask for."

I was mainly speaking to Karen and Chelsea since Tes wasn't very social with me. Maybe she's going through some personal issues after that guard attack. I'm not one to judge.

"Oh, Lady Emily! Thank you so much!" They hugged me back.

"Thank you! But you must get going or you'll miss it," Karen said as she let go.

"Alright," I turned, "I'll be back tonight to tell you guys about it."

"Goodbye!"

I walked downstairs to where the ballroom was. It was so familiar to me from the night Ryan took me here. I blushed at the thought of it. That was my first date and I don't think we've ever been more awkward with each other.

My family was sitting at a table, except for Robbie who was running around.

"Emily!" My mom gasped, "you look stunning!"

"Thank you," I swayed.

They weren't used to seeing me in fancy dresses, but they better get use to it. I don't want to go through all their cheesy compliments every time I put a dress on.

My mom was wearing a decent floral sundress and my dad was in a suit. My brother was in his own little dress pants and button down shirt. It looked like his shirt was meant to be tucked in but he already messed it up.

"Hey, Robbie," I brushed my hand through his hair.

"Emily?" His eyes popped at the sight of my dress.

"Robbie?" I tried imitating him and laughed.

"You look so good! And tall!"

I showed him my heels and said, "Because I'm wearing tall shoes."

He giggled.

"But you look pretty snazzy yourself," I smiled at him.

He smiled and Amelia walked over to me.