Chapter 15

My face still burned from the sight of Jessica curled up against Ryan. But why did I care? This is the selection, after all. Ryan is dating 8 girls at once. Tomorrow, however, it will only be 6 instead.

He told me that I would be staying for the elite and I have a feeling he said that Jessica would be staying too.
All of these girls (apart from Jessica) were my friends. I was scared to see who would go.

I rushed back to my room and greeted my maids.

"Hello, Lady Emily," Karen smiled.

Chelsea looked up and I sighed out a hello.

"Hop on up," Chelsea patted the chair in front of the vanity, "we got to get you ready for The Report."

I shuffled over and let my maids do what they pleased with my makeup and hair. I was exhausted, though. I had taken a little power nap in the safe room and was still drowsy from it.

My maids were done with me in just twenty minutes and let me enjoy my reflection.

They had put a light pink strapless dress on me with gems across the torso. It flared out at my waist, yet it wasn't too much. It was perfect.

"Girls!" I gasped in astonishment, "it's perfect! Thank you!"

"Of course, Lady Emily," they said, looking proud at what they had made.

"Lady Emily, The Report is going to start soon! We better head down there!" Chelsea blurted.

Nervousness crept inside of me again, but I was getting used to the feeling now. I turned slowly on my high heels and started toward the door.

My maids walked ahead of me and I followed them into the main palace room. Cameras were being set up and some of the selected wandered around and talked. Ryan was in the corner with his parents adjusting his tie. I could hear a faint conversation.

"You ready?"

"Yeah, mom."

"Alright," a sigh breathed out of the queen's mouth.

My maids wished me good luck and took a seat at a table behind the cameras. I looked back at them, but once I turned around, I stumbled into a young man.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I looked down at him. I was a little taller than him, but I'm sure that it is only because of my shoes.

"It's alright, Lady... Emily... Is it?" Marcus looked up at me.

The Marcus. Who hosted every casting that came from the palace. He was the one who announced my name on television for the selected.

"Uh... Yes." I was impressed to be standing next to him.

"Nice to meet you, madam, but you better get ready. We'll be airing soon." He winked.

I turned away and let out a deep breath.

"Hey, Emily! You look nice," Amelia smiled at me.

"Thank you," I replied, "you too."

I took a seat on the chairs that were reserved for the selected. My heart was thumping vigorously. Although, moments later Tammy took a seat on one side of me which made my heart pound out of my cheat.

"Girls, please take your seats," King Jacob announced to the rest of the selected.

They giggled their way over here and took there seats.

There was one seat that was next to me next to the aisle and of course Jessica sat down there.

I flinched.