Chapter 30

I walked into the safe room with Ryan's arms wrapped around me and my maids walking in front of me. Kathleen and Amelia had already made their way here, but Tammy was still yet to come.

I stumbled my way in the darkness to sit down on a chair. I could see the outlines of everyone's body, but I could just barely see the features on their faces. The darkness was becoming familiar, though, and my eyes were adjusting.

Everyone was quiet until a piercing cry wailed from right outside the doors.

"Lady Tammy!" A guard shouted.

Tammy walked into the safe room with a limp. Her short dress revealed a pool of blood running down her leg and to her ankle. There was a deep and large cut right below her knee.

"Lady Tammy! What happened?!" Ryan pleaded and maids rushed to her side.

"I-I was going... In-into my room a-and I got cut by glass," she hiccuped into her cry.

I looked away. I couldn't bear it. Didn't I do this? I started this all.

Tammy was taken into the care center that was in the back of the palace to bandage her wound. Ryan and I stared at each other in silence and Kathleen and Amelia started pacing.

"What do we do now?" Asked Amelia.

"Wait..." Ryan said slowly.

Kathleen and I exchanged glances.

"How long?" I blurted.

"I don't know. As long as it takes," Ryan sat down on the arm of the chair I was sitting on.

"Don't you think your parents are curious to know where you are right now?" I asked him.

"Maybe. But I wouldn't worry about it. Even if I was lost in the palace and wondering around, some guard would eventually find me and stick me a safe room anyways," he stared at the wall.

I sighed and looked around. I played cards with Kathleen and Amelia for a while and then walked over to Ryan. By this time, we had been cooped up in the safe room for about an hour.

"Do think Tammy is okay?" I asked Ryan as I sat in his lap.

He was sitting sluggishly on a couch. I rested myself into his lap and wrapped my hands around his neck. I didn't mean to make the other girls jealous, I was joking around anyhow.

"You're just full of questions," Ryan laughed.

"Answer," I demanded.

"She'll be fine... She just needs some time to heal."

I released another sigh and got back up. When I walked over to the table where we were playing cards, voices blurted from behind the doors.

"Girls! Quickly! Everyone behind a couch," a guard instructed.

Ryan was hidden away in his own special hiding place and the rest of us bent down behind couches.

"Knock knock," a familiar voice echoed in the room.

"Oh, please. No need to hide," the voice continued, "I already know you guys are in here. And I've got the queen. Now do as I say or I will shoot the Queen with the loaded gun I have at her head."

I peeked my head up along with everyone else. The northern rebel wasn't lying. The queen was draped over her arm with a shocked look on her face and a gun resting on the side of her head. My heart raced inside of me.

"I want Ryan and Emily. Now. If you don't reveal yourselves to me then you can say goodbye to your queen," the voice almost laughed.

Me?

My heart stopped. I held my breath. Looking over to Ryan, he nodded. Scared for my life I stood up and walked over to the rebel with my hands up. Ryan did the same.

"Ryan..." The queen whispered.

The voice laughed. It still sounded familiar and it was a girls voice. Who could it be? I couldn't make out her face.

"Thank you," she said and shoved the queen aside making her fall over.

"Your majesty, are you alright? Are you hurt?" Guards and maids assisted her.

"Emily. Ryan. Come with me. We're going on a short walk," she smirked.

She bounded our hands with ropes so we had some form of handcuffs on. Please don't kill me, was the only thing I could run through in my head.

She walked us outside. From what I could see in the light, she had long blonde hair and was a decent height. Once we reached her car she turned around.

"Get in," she snapped.

Only one person snaps like that. Only one person looks like that.

Jessica.

EXTRA:
Hey guys! So the next few chapters are going to have A LOT of action so get ready ;) !!!
I also wanted to tell you guys that I know how difficult it must of been to read the first 16 chapters or so because the paragraphs weren't really spaced out. I just recently fixed that though so the paragraphs should be easier to read.
I just wanted to let you guys know that... Okay BYEEEEEEE