Chapter 40

This was it. I was leaving today. I slid on the same red dress that I wore the first day I came to the palace and threw duffle bags over my shoulder. It still hurt.

Chelsea and Karen gave me the bottle of antidepressants and demanded I take one. I was not at my happiest moment with them either. Honestly, it wasn't anything they said or did. I was just upset with practically everyone.

I kissed the room farewell and gave my last hugs to Chelsea and Karen. Amelia did try go see me and when she did so, I rejected.

"We can't be friends anymore, Amelia," I avoid eye contact.

"But you said-"

"It hurts to much to remain friends with you. I can't do it."

"....Goodbye, Emily."

And off I went.

Officials and guards assisted me to the airport. Jonathan and Edison also gave me comforting hugs and smiles.

I had my own special room on the plane. People would get too hyper if they saw me. I was basically famous now. This made me feel more apart from life than I have ever felt before.

From the plane ride, I was taken in a car to my house. Greeting mom, dad, and Robbie with tears down my face and physical and mental bruises, wasn't exactly my fine idea of a return.

But I did so. They hugged me and held me and assured that everything would be okay. I barely spoke a word.

Being home was foreign. I barely remembered my way around things. My room was strange and everyone looked a bit older.

"Babe, listen. We should talk about this," my mother walked into my room and sat on the edge of the bed.

"What?" I moaned.

"Prince Ryan."

"Ryan.." I corrected.

"Ryan," she looked down at her wrist and took a deep breath, "he's not the only boy out there. He's your first love, I understand, but this is only your first heartbreak."

"No, mom! See, that's where you are wrong. There is no other Ryan Ashby out there that has the exact qualities that he has, which made me love him."

"Yes, and I'm sorry that not every boy can give you a billion maids and a giant castle with gorgeous dresses, but-"

"You think I care that he is the prince?! I wouldn't care if he was an eight! I'd still be in love with him!"

"I didn't think you cared, but I was just-"

"Mom, out!" I rubbed my pounding forehead.

"Em.."

"Talking about love with you isn't exactly the easiest thing to do."

She left after that.

I felt awful. My head was pounding, my cheeks were stained with tears, and my heart ached. Nothing could be worse than seeing my drawing of the balloons of my dream on my desk, and the t-shirt with the blue heart on my chair.

I moaned and rolled over on my bed, which wasn't as near as comfortable as the one at the palace.

"Emily!" My dad shouted, "Come be social!"

"I'm good, thanks!" I shouted back.

I could hear Robbie's giggles as they watched a hockey game on television. I longed to be apart of that, but I couldn't move. I couldn't be with them. I just couldn't.

I heard my dad's screams as the other team scored and I rolled over once more. What is life?

I opened a duffle bag and pulled out pictures of Kathleen, Amity, and Hannah. I wanted to gain the motivation to get up and hang them on my own walls, but I couldn't.

"THEY SCORE!" My dad screamed exceptionally loud and clapped.

"Oh, pumpkin! You have to see this play!" He shouted to me.

Robbie giggled and my mom clapped along.

"What?" I moaned and dragged myself to the living room.

Robbie was sitting on the floor and my mom was on one of the two couches in the room. My dad hugged me and kissed the top of my head before he sat back down on his chair. In front of him a plate of pizza and a bottle of bear sat on a table.

I sighed and took a seat on the other couch. I didn't exactly watch the entire play, but one guy fell over and another guy hit the puck into the net before getting attacked by someone else. I was a bit of a fan of hockey, but now just wasn't the right to watch it.

• • •

But that was when the worst came. Tears ran down my face uncontrollably and I screamed until my throat was numb. I clawed at the couch.

"NO! NO! KILL ME!"

The television zoomed in on people crying and screaming.

Moments ago, a reporter live from the palace announced, "We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to share this breaking news. Hours ago, a rebel attack exploited through the palace. We assume the attack is the aftermath of Prince Ryan's choice of a wife. However, the attack was so strong that many people perished. Including our own King Jacob and Queen Marcy. We regret to say that King Jacob was shot by a southern rebel and killed. While he laid on the ground, Queen Marcy bent over to see her husband, and was then shot. We also have been reported that Prince Ryan was also stabbed and killed by a rebel, who seems to be a former guard of the palace. Apparently, the guard was fired by the prince for assaulting a former maid. And Prince Ryan's newly found wife is also announced dead by being shot by a rebel before she could fire the own gun she held in her hand. We once again regret to conclude that all of the royal family is pronounced dead."

[ END OF BOOK ONE ]

(P.S. I DO NOT REGRET WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN. I AM VERY PROUD !! MWAHAHAHHAHAA)