Chapter 22

I didn't end up sleeping that much that night. That morning was quite exhausting as well. Fortunately, the next few days were just relaxing days for the selected.

I spent that day sleeping as much as I could and the next day was mainly spent visiting Hannah in the immediate care center. Today, however, we were preparing for the elite party which was taking place tomorrow.

Excitement overwhelmed me. I hadn't see my family in about a month or a month and a half now. I did truly miss them, but I was becoming more comfortable at the palace. Robbie was who I missed most. He was aggravating and annoying, but so sweet.

I knew that once I saw them, I'd realized just how much I miss them. But that won't stop me from still wanting to see them.

This morning my maids said that they'd be working on a dress for tomorrow and a dancing dress for the actually party that would be taking place the day after tomorrow.

The officials that arranged the party said it was best if we have all of the families fly in and then just rest that night and spend time with their daughters. The day after we would have an actual party.

I walked over to the mirror and looked at myself. My parents would probably cry if they saw me now. I look extremely different then how I did when I first arrived. The pictures of Robbie and I that hung on the cork board looked like Robbie and some other strange foreigner. I did not look like that anymore.

I have makeup smearing my face all of the time, my hair has gotten a bit longer, I don't think anyone at home could recognize me in a dress, and I look way more confident. For some reason, having a look of confidence changes you. It makes you look satisfied and proud.

I sighed and wondered if they have changed much. I had never written back to their letter from a while ago, but they said they'd understand if I was too busy to write one.

I was pacing my room thinking about everything when a knock came on my door.

I went to go open it, assuming it would be Kathleen and Amelia seeing if I wanted to go visit Hannah again, but it wasn't. It was Hannah herself.

"Hannah!" I shouted.

She was sitting in a wheelchair because she could not walk on her feet. But that didn't stop me from dropping down and hugging her as tight as possible.

"Oh, how are you?" I was still shouting.

She giggled and then said, "Doing better. How are you?"

"Wonderful!"

"Did Jessica leave?" She smiled at me.

"Yes, a few days ago."

"Good."

"Hannah, I don't want you to go either."

"Emily, I'll be fine."

I don't get how when people were eliminated, they never threw a tantrum or tried to attack someone. I would. But maybe that's just because Ryan loves me and I love him too.

"I hope so," I sighed.

"I'm getting ready to go now. I'm taking a flight at 3:00."

"Hannah," I throw myself into her again.

"I'm sorry, Emily," she mumbled.

"Wait!" I pulled away from her.

I turned back into my room since we were still in the hallway. I reached into a drawer and pulled out my camera. It wasn't a good camera or anything and I've had it for years.

"Take a picture with me," I smiled at her.

She started laughing and I snapped one of her when she wasn't expecting it.

I turned to stand next to her and leaned on the side of her wheelchair.

I held the camera out and said, "Smile!"

I snapped the photo.

"One more!" She demanded.

"Okay," I laughed and turned the camera.

She crossed her eyes and stuck out her tongue. I puckered my lips and gave her bunny ears. If anyone saw me in this hallway they'd think we were crazy.

I took the picture and smiled at her.

"That was sweet," she laughed.

"I'm hanging these on my cork board!"

"Aw, thank you!"

I hugged her again.

"Emily, I better get going now. I'm really sorry."

"Okay," I sighed, "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too," she hugged me once more and then went on her way.

She probably already stopped by Kathleen and Amelia's rooms. I felt I should stop by them too, but I didn't. I went back inside my room and finished up my presentation.

I had pages full of information on the rebels and was now sorting out exactly what to say. After the presentations, the rankings for the four girls who were left would go crazy.

Another knock came on my door and I hurried to hide the textbook and notebook away.

"Coming!" I shouted.

I got to the door and smoothed out my dress. Opening the door, Ryan stood in front of me.

"Hello."

"Hi," I stared at him.

"Would you mind going on a walk with me?"

EXTRA:
Okay I lied to you guys. This chapter isn't any longer, but oh well. The next one will be! I promise! Hahahahahahahaha okay I hope you have a wonderful day xoxo