Chapter 15: Forest Scouts

You didnt like how loud Tiger was. They were the loudest of the Pussycats. Heroes that you never came across but everyone fanned over. Their persona... it reminded you of one specific past troubles personified. You decided you'd rather stay away than humour their stabs at your method of training.

Camp was going to be a long, tiresome event. You had to look for a bright side. Any. Midoriya having his balls kicked by some pipsqueak wasnt enough.

Aizawa! He said you would be training under his watch. If there was anyone that could help you figure out the scroll Zaheer gave you, it would be him. Well. You told him it was a scroll dad gave. He trusted the information, and did not question further.

The class was lively, despite complaining about their fatigue moments ago. You followed the classes into the campsite. Then to the food hall. You had not been paying attention to the camp leaders' speech during arrival. If it was important, Midoriya would say something. You could always count on him to reveal good tips to the audience.

So. You decided to sit with Shoto and whoever was around him. You had been hanging out with him whenever you absolutely had to be around the class. He had been the most accommodating. And familiar.

"Is everything alright?"

You nodded and started plating what you thought was good. Iida cheerily described what he wanted to improve on. You didnt want work talk. So. You tuned it out. You ate with the blinders on, and they weren't at all Peaky.

The plate steadily emptied, while you mulled over how to train Rohan once you got him. Dad couldnt handle his flames or his temper, even though the level had been inherited from him. It would have to be focused. You'd have to make it interactive enough to not bore him. His attention span as short as yours. You wanted to work with him.

There were dumplings on what had been your empty plate. They were the ones that had been out of reach, you gave up wanting them because that would mean you'd have to ask for someone to pass it to you.

"Thank you."

Shoto shrugged. Decided that you should also try another dish that was too far. He piled it on your plate.

"Jeez, Mom." Uraraka joked. She sighed, "That's sweet. I miss when my mom does that. Dont you, Y/N?"

"I havent met your mom."

"No, silly. Dont you miss when your mom would over feed you?"

She continued reminiscing. To which Iida and Midoriya chimed in with their own stories. The only time you were overfed was by Zaheer, who would be scolded by his significant other and fellow leader. Once Zaheer found a fruit you liked, it was the only produce he'd steal for a month. Ricky had to accompany him for shopping steal treks because of this. Things were looking a little blurry. You blinked the water back.

You couldnt tell any of them that. They were in their own bubble anyway.

"I'm positive I'll be comatose after this, please stop. Shoto, please."

He added a couple sausages. He cut them up.

"Shoto."

"You barely had anything."

It was true. There was only, like, three things you liked that were close. Then you realized they weren't even the things you liked. They were the things your mom made. The only things she would give you, even though you plated more than she would have allowed your five year old self to have.

You excused yourself.

"I'll keep this warm." Shoto said. "But you're eating all of it."

You thanked him for the threat. And left the hall as fast as you could. What you couldnt do, however, was find a bathroom or toilet, a water closet even. Whatever those were.

You threw up in a pot plant. Then headed back. You weren't sure how. Last thing you remembered was looking at the partly digested bits, and vowing to be more present to avoid this from happening again. But here you were, your plate now half empty.

Shoto had been speaking to you, apparently. He looked like he was expecting an answer.

"I'm sorry, I wasnt listening."

"Its alright. I was just asking if you wanted more."

"That wasnt what you- ah, Iida!"

Iida had not so quietly kicked Midoriya. You decided to ignore that, and answer Shoto.

"No. What do we have to do after this?" You asked.

"We get to use the hot springs."

You missed Rohan.

"After that?"

"Sleep, probably."

You missed Dabi.

"You think they'll let me go? To bed, I mean."

"Are you feeling sick?"

Shit. You lied. You said you were good. Just tired. You missed Zaheer. You missed Dabi. You told her you just wanted to sleep. Dabi.

Shoto poured several types of soda into two cups. Rohan. He handed you a cup of the now deep blueish dabi purple hue to it. It smelt like medicine rohan.

"Thanks, Bart. E. Tender." You tried.

Shoto ended up snorting the liquid dabi. He coughed harshly Rohan. You handed him what you thought was a table cloth. Zaheer. When Shoto's face emerged, you found it was one of the four shirt layers you were wearing. You weren't sure when you took that off. Rohan. He apologized but appreciated the help.

Dabi. The shirt had already been off. Presumably somerohantime when you got back.

You sipped. Then gulped it back.

"Tatses like cough syrup."

"Makes you wanna try codeine leans, eh?" Mineta said from another table.

"Dont joke about that, bro." You said. "People get addicted to that shit. They cant live without it. Plus it turns into morphine in your liver."

"And it's not even called leans."

"It makes you leans, Kirishima." He added.

You found that funny. As long as he wasnt serious, you dropped it.

You bent your empty plate away to the rafters. Because Shoto looked like he was plotting for another ambush