Chapter 30: Prison Break

The walk to the cafe had been longer than you remembered. Kuzon sat in your leather satchel. A gift from Kid recently. You were sure Swaggy picked it and made him give it. She is cruel with her convincing. Good at adding to her adopted grandson's behaviour.

Mineta hated it. He tried to get rid of the thing numerous times. First Kuzon had managed to keep him at bay. Then he adapted. That's not what you want to hear happen with a personality as perverse as your dear grape head friend. He covered the bag with the plurble blobs. He shortly removed them because Ida felt guilty. Then he tried to burn it. Thankfully Sero put it out. This time Uraraka was the guilty one.

Kuzon purred loudly as you passed an alleyway with a familiar grownup shape you particularly missed.

"Hello."

"Don't be so chirpy." Shigiraki scolded. "Shut up cat. What costume party are you going to?"

"I had to do a Disney princess makeover. The girls helped me."

"You look like a 70's biker gang hunter. Not even the leader."

You inflated a bit and thanked him. You had to significantly change your appearance to avoid being detected by civilians. The Journalists fucking outing your existence, a thing you've been avoiding for years. You had to work at it all over again. This time with practice.

"You're just a pile of leather and denim. I- never mind. Go away."

"You waved at me."

"I was trying to shoo you."

"One of your hands were waving at me."

"I'm gonna kill you."

You left.

Then you made a right. And you were on Swaggy Z's door. Kid answered. Kuzon purred louder than Kid greeted. You let Kuzon escape. Left your bag and three of your coats in the closet. Thanks to Kid's permission you worked very hard to get, you tried on his bigger baggier pile of leather that was a jacket.

Swaggy Z arrived to you doing your best Kid impression to Kuzon. His ears pointed for better aerodynamics if he wanted to leave. But he held his ground despite Kid's booming laughter. It had scared Swaggy. Made her run in with a rolling pin. She rolled her eyes. Tapped his head particularly hard to shut him up.

Swaggy held you at arms length taking in your new look under the new old pile of leather.

"You look like one of the boys I use to swoon over." She said. "He use to hunt bikers."

"What?" Kid choked.

"You act like him too. Even when you were bleeding in that godforsaken room, it was like him."

There was a sigh she let out. You felt like she let a bit of her soul go out to him in memory.

"I had to patch him up. Tried to... Came home later than I usually do for the first time. I can't remember why. God, why did I forget why? I hate getting old. I came home, he was there. Passed out in my doorstep. He gave that same smile you gave."

Her hands shook. She whispered,

"If I came home a bit earlier."

You all sat in silence. Honoring a death she felt from her early days.

"I like you, Y/N." Swaggy wiped her eyes. "The first time you visited, you even used the same line as him. My little casanova in the wrong time. You'll never get a boy like that. A girl for sure. But why have one when you can have-"

"Is something burning?" Kid asked loudly.

She swatted at him with her knife commanding him to go check. Swaggy smiled at her tea, a reminiscent look in her eye.

You got Swaggy's approval. This was your new persona. You returned Kid's jacket. Your's made you unrecognizable to the public. But easy to spot to the ones that know you.

You weren't sure what to talk about. You haven't been paying attention to class or the things Swaggy had been asking about. You've been lying like your father.

You blamed spending your time on Rohan and updating your hero gear. Though you admitted you were having a problem getting around the surveillance your agency ordered you to have. You wanted a way to switch it off.

"Kid can help you. He makes gear for his friends all the time. They like being off the grid."

Kid had choked on his dinner now. He hammered a fist to his chest. Swaggy made a schedule, ignoring the college student wheezing on the floor. He could have died without his dignity and diploma  had you not bent air into him after successfully unclogging him by jumping on his chest.

"See. You're a good team already."

Now he was drowning in his beer. Spluttering the gold on Kuzon. Kid left with the cat. He apologized once to the sopping cat. Then kept repeating that he apologized, and doesn't need to any more while apologizing more.

Swaggy Z packed a lot of left overs into your satchel. Another reason you suspected she bought the bag was that her containers fit perfectly. The ones you've been borrowing and refilling with your own cooking when you return. Well, that was months ago, but you appreciated the return to such old ladyness.

But you had lots of food at the dorms. You were glad you bumped into Shigiraki again.

"I'm stalking. Get out of here."

"I can help. Please. I don't want to go back to the dorms yet. This is the first time I've been out in months. Please. We can have supper after."

You showed him your bag. His red eye stood out normally, but now it glimmered and dulled in a second. He was guarded with his emotions, but no one can deny Granny's 'Cinderella's bed', a custard tart with a spindles of sugar on top. A cinder bed for a cindery fella, she joked.

Kuzon meowed for attention. Shigiraki's target was on the move. He would have to reject you quick if he wants to keep up.

"Fine. Get us close. Not to close." He said.

"I've had villain training."

"Let's see what they've taught you."