Chapter 36: Defender

Your room was reasonably quiet to the hear each other better. Rohan and you speak too softly. Well, you speak too softly. Then Rohan thinks he's being too quiet and raises his voice, subconsciously hoping to up your volume. It worked most of the time. Some of the time.

You've been communicating in grunts to avoiding needing to repeat. It's a habit Kid hates, but does too without noticing. Like Mechanic like apprentice.

Rohan went through your collection while on the floor. The various games not in mint condition, despite there being no console to play them on.

"You've just been buying them?"

"They aren't allowing me any console time. This is the closest I can get to gaming. And Mineta. Mineta let's me play. But those are only racing."

The look on his face told you how pathetic it sounded. Just as much as it felt.

"They've been opened."

"I look at the disc sometimes."

The desk needed tidying, you decided. You walked him through his new routine. It included Cementoss and blowing stuff up. You hoped it distracted him. You didn't want to look.

He followed you out. Thankfully quiet. Worryingly quiet when you got to the in field simulated zone. Nezu had a section of the 'hospital' district permitted only for your use. Being a transfer case had its perks. Especially when you threatened leaving to Shiketsu.

You were working with them this time. Not just advising from the side lines. You would be battling Cementoss with your brother.

The teacher greeted you. So did Allmight.

"Midoriya and I are just observing. I wanted to be more involved in your brother's training. After all, mentoring is quite a tough skill. I'd like to be of assistance."

"Izuku's in gear." You said. "He can be on my team. Rohan, you work with Cementoss. Defense."

If they were going to be blatant with the spying, you might as well battle along side the Allmight newborn. Before the eventual battle they foresaw.

It got Rohan excited.

So it was fine.

The class knows now about the... arrangement Midoriya and Allmight had. A very vague suspect defense. Eventually Allmight "admitted" that he is Midoriya's uncle and the boy had the a quirk similar to his own.

During the meeting nobody found it shocking. Except you and Mineta joking about what type of Uncle Almight was. You were reprimanded by Aizawa, Mineta had detention. You admit, you went too far. But not as far as the ghastly grape.

Midoriya couldn't keep up as you wove through the buildings. He crashed into signs. Tripped on electrical cables. Managed to burn himself on a water feature.

"Focus up, man. I'm gonna fucking leave you."

"You're fast! It's not my fault!"

"Then fucking speed up! I haven't been out like this in fucking ages, and you're still slower than Sero."

"Am not! You and Kacchan-!"

You didn't bother waiting. Rohan, like you, used his element to propel into the air. You both waved, letting the other know they've been got. You landed next to Midoriya. He stood hunched, hands on his knees. Gasping for water.

"What the fucks happening to you, Man?" You asked. "You breaking down like Allimight."

"Alright. I'm all... right. Alright. All. I'm Allmight. All right."

You grabbed him by the scruff of his green suit. Shook him about for good measure. It woke him up a little. He needs a boost, you decided. You shoved a coffee chocolate, courtesy of your agency's kit, into his mouth. Far back, so he swallowed it whole.

"Rohan's faster than Kacchow. If you think keeping up with me is bad, Lightning cant see Rohan. And he's going to attack you. You better give my brother a good fight. Or I'll fucking fuck you up behind the gym. No quirk will save you from what I'll do. Hold back, he'll kill you now. Don't hold back, I'll kill you later."

You heard the fire roaring as he approached. You threw Midoriya in Rohan's direction. They soared into the sky.

-----------

The class is angry.

"It's his fault. Who told him to come with Allmight?" You barked. "Fuck off. Or I'll tell Nezu."

"You hurt him. Not Rohan."

You pointed the fork at Yaoyurozu's pretty forehead.

"You can't say shit. Because you didn't see it."

She pushed her plate away, and folded her arms over her big pretty chest. You were going to pay for that, with silence. She wasnt going to speak to you. And frankly you didn't care anymore. It doesnt work on you. Anymore. She can starve herself for the next two minutes like usual. You've been doing it this whole time without realizing. This whole time despite the boys force feeding. That whole without Swaggy's high carb high protein meals she makes for Kid and you every two days. You have Swaggy again, you can calm down.

Rohan laughed though. So it was fine. He was angry in the field. Very. If you hadn't squished the green pea, the school would have been collecting his burnt remains. These people dont understand how you saved the situation from worse.

Fucking Allmight wannabe pulled back, despite the boost and pep talk. He refused to fight properly.

Now when you fight Rohan, you fight. You soften his landings, and the impact. But they are your soft impacts. Like you, he is obsidian. His base, his training, what he is use to is bone breaking to normies, child's play for him. There is no such thing as a gentle punch, and when backed up by wind force...

He knows what he can withstand, because you are doing a version of Zaheer's training. You keep him from ending up brutally broken, you keep him safe. But. You also make sure he knows how to react when disoriented, how to handle a gut punch, how to fall or take a blade and doing further damage to the opponent immediately after. Especially if they're you or your sisters.

And he is good. So good, infact, Nezu offered him a place at UA. He respectfully spat at the offer. Almost the same way you did when they had approached you. It blindsided the Principal, that he apologized for offering it in the first place. As he had with you.

He knows what he's capable of, because only he knows his limits. And they dont fucking exist.

To say you were proud of the fighter he's become would be an understatement. You didn't need to hide him from God. He is the apocalypse you were hoping to be, now need not be. He doesn't know how deep you've been planning on attacking the world, but it's clear he had a similar one that he wasnt telling you too. So. You make sure your brother is prepared for the atrocities he wants to intervene or inflict. Whatever he does is the right choice in your opinion.

One more Shigiraki visit. One more, then you're at the exams. One more, and Nezu will meet his promise of letting you go. One more week. Just one more.