Chapter 22: Brownies and Videogames

Your sleep broke to a familiar smell. Dabi sweat. It must have been memory incited. You are missing him. You are hurt and you're missing the only person that hasn't laid a finger on you.

So you kept you eyes shut. And kept your breathing slow. You chose to stay in this bubble of delusion. That some how you were back home. That some how Dabi is sitting near you and the TV'S blasting the news of the attack.

Katsuki was shouting to be let go.

You opened your eyes. Aware you couldn't move, you manifested a strong current to blast any standing fool to a wall. You learnt how small the room was from the sounds of impact.

"Calm down, kid. I'm here. We're gonna get you both back home."

Dabi was near you. He had been sitting on the floor beside a sleeper cot they had you on. The only one safe from making his own wall imprint.

"Your friend here just got a bit winded."

Shigi. Ah, real name Shigiraki. You thought Dabi had been joshing when he said you hung with a villain. You felt very stupid for not linking the two at the time. You were happy to have had a conversation with a person not in hero work. You enjoyed your time with him. At the mall. The universe was cruel.

He told you to sit up. Then helped you sit up, because you really couldn't fucking move your self. Dabi wrapped your blanket around you, a warm cacoon in the well lit, oddly homey space.

"See. He's fine."

Katsuki was indeed fine as a person in heavy restraints can be. Shigiraki explained this was for the safety of his crew, because Katsuki had been making threats and acting on those threats, and that was complicating the care Saber had to provide for you.

You knew Saber. He was Dabi's friend. You knew this because you were introduced to each other calmly. Happily even. And it takes a lot to make Dabi calm. Happy even.

Your lie of how you and Dabi knew each other turned out to be an exact copy of Dabi's. There was no way to lie that you didn't know each other. You had to lie about the way you knew. Neighbors in the same dodgy building on the outskirts of the UA area.

Toga and Spinner blamed you for his 'sudden' lapse in health. The lapse being him picking up weight and training it to new muscle. He was getting better at close combat, they complained. And it was all your fault.

Shigiraki told you and Katsuki that they were to return you once you are better.

This has happened many times. The bleeding out, not the nice villains, though that's a recurring theme honestly. Your body has evolved to reproduce blood cells at a speed that would make the fastest replicating virus shudder. Given you had lots of food. You told him this. Told him to put your regeneration skills to the test.

There were platters of food from different takeaways. You took note of the brands. A way to pin your location eventually. And you dug in.

True to form and their bewilderment, you were up and moving after the lengthy feast.

"In this world where anything's possible," You said. "The Unbelievable is always the truest."

"That's bull, but okay, kid."

The TV had been on. The news with snippets of the camp footage. The Journalists had been taking the angle that you and Katsuki were Villains to the bone. They sited Katsuki's behavior, your current demeanor of keeping to yourself. Heroes are meant to be loud and boisterous! Not quiet and deceptive, because why else would a person need to be silent all the time?

"They're getting angry that I'm a pleasure to have in the fucking class?"

"What?"

"I've been praised for this behavior only for them to spit in my short fucking existence." You spat. "This is why I'm a stealth hero. Can't with these fucking 'journalist'. Safe in their homes."