2

𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚

It's the day of the reaping, I wake up to find no one around so I decide to creep downstairs but as I get halfway down the staircase I can here whispers coming from the living room, I stand over near the door to listen in. I hear my two uncles Jackson and Ferguson Sutherland sitting across from Finnick. I listen closer to hear what they are talking about, as I do I hear that it's me.

"Look all I'm asking is to let me go if she goes. Just don't volunteer for me if my name is said," after a while they finally agree with his from saying this and more over and over. As they start to finish up I hurry to the kitchen to pretend I heard nothing. They don't even see me when they leave.

Finnick strides through a second later, "good morning darling, you okay?" He grabs my waist pulling me tight, I look into his deep eyes to see no light left in them only dread and sorrow. He plants a quick kiss on my head and whispers "I love you Blair Sutherland. Always," before giving me one last squeeze then he lets me go so I can get some breakfast.

Once I'm finally dressed I sit in the living room with Finnick waiting to be escorted by peacekeepers, our hands our held in silence but we quickly move away when we here them come in.

They bring us out to where Mags, Ferguson and Jackson stand then we walk single file to the Justices hall building. Me and Mags stand on one side the boys on the other.

The mayor stand up and gives a speech about the games. It's the exact same as every year but this time he kept a slouch and didn't seem rather happy at all. Afterwards the capitol escort Oceanna took to the stage, her blue dyed skin looked paler than normal but her outfit was overlooking it.

She finished her speech about the dark days then began, "well, shall we start with the ladies?" She doesn't even wait before skipping over to the bowl with only two slips of paper in it next to me.

I always felt she didn't like me much but now I know for sure she doesn't because as she walked back to the microphone she gave me a back chilling smirk. "And the girl tribute for district four this year is," Oceana pauses to open the slip then turns to me and Mags. Her grip tightens on my hand, "Blair Sutherland." She cheered as she said it.

I walked over to the middle of the stage next to Oceana, my hand only let go of the old frail women behind at the last second it could. I give her a glance before turning back, she kept her promise. I stayed silent while I scanned the audience, I could see people looking a little upset but there was no sight of anyone I care for.

I realise that I must've zoned out because the next thing I knew Oceana was opening the slip of paper. "Ferguson Sutherland," everyone looked at my uncle but before he could move Finnick leapt before him,
"I volunteer in his place!" He didn't take no as an answer before coming to the microphone. I try to hold back my tears but no matter how hard I did one or two still escaped from my eyes and rolled down my cheek.

"Well there you have it everyone, your tributes for the 75th hunger games. Blair Sutherland and Finnick Odair!" She said the sentence getting louder and louder towards the end. All of a sudden peacekeepers grabbed us and taken through the justice hall building doors, me and Finnick tried to get out of their reach but it was to hard there was too many of them. Before they shut the door he got out a quick goodbye to his mum but I didn't say goodbye to anyone.

My mother gave up as I came back from the games, Marcus died for me in the arena. Around one or two years after my games my father died, apparently his boat capsized although I knew he hadn't gone fishing that day. Around early last year my little sister died, she was too young for it, only 17. They didn't recover my sisters body from the fallen building but I still gave her a funeral, we did get my fathers back. He was very badly messed up though, he must've gone through so much pain. I know it was an act of snow for refusing to do as he said, I know nobody will believe me though.

The only people I have left in my life will be coming on this train with me, to then watch me die in the awful arena that is filled with the horrors of death, nightmares, mutts and heartbreak.