9

𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪

As I wait for my turn to be called on stage I feel someone's arm lay on my shoulder, I look up to see Finnick looking down on me. "When I speak, could you look at the little screens?" He asks me in such a sweet way that I could never say no.

"Of course, could you do the same for me fish-face?" He nods and laughs a little before hugging me quickly, then a voice comes from a speaker near me.

"Please welcome Blair Sutherland!" Caesar announces and the crowd goes wild as I walk out and join him.
"Don't you look lovely," he begins. "Not as good as that chariot outfit, wow that was nice," he turns to the audience to ask, "what do you guys think? Tell me it was amazing," they erupt in cheers to be calmed down a moment later.

I giggle a little, "well it's all my amazing stylists work, Mara." I see the cameras turn to her waving at me in the crowd and she sits down again.

"Well," he begins, "a girl like you must have someone who they love. Do you?" I nod my head and he comes closer, "who is this lucky fellow?"

"Well I can't tell you who but do you mind if I leave them a message?" He nods placing the microphone to my face. I take a deep breathe before I begin, "fish-face, I will love you 'till the day I die." I pause making sure to be looking straight in the camera hoping Finnick is watching.

"Even if I happen to die in the arena, please will you do as much as you can to stay alive for me. And promise you will forever love me, always." I let my words linger and bow as the ding goes off to let me go.

"Wow I wish that was me, now welcome Finnick Odair!" The crowd scream louder than ever before, I watch as he walks out waving his way down. "Finnick, I believe you have a message for somebody out there, a special somebody." The females in the crowd go wild over this before Caesar starts quickly, "can we hear it?"

This is it, it's for me. He looks into the camera to talk and I look at a screen, "my love, you have my heart for all eternity and if," there's a small pause.
"If I die in that arena, my last thought will be of your lips." He stops again and a tear forms in my eye, I don't dare let it drop though, "I promise I'll forever love you. Always" the crowd screams of joy and Caesar lets him go, he joins me and smiles as another tear rolls down my face.

'God how did I get this man?'

Finally it's time for Katniss, she has a normal talk and Caesar asks her to show the twirl, "first could I invite someone special. This girl is so nice and kind since the moment I met her, she would most definitely been my maid of honour at my wedding." She turns to me, "Blair would you mind joining me?"

I'm taken aback for a moment because we had never really spoke before but I remember what Mara said 'twirl with her' so I quickly skip down. She holds my hand, and whispers "you ready," and then we twirl together.

Both our dresses go up in flames starting from the bottom, and once we stop we're both wearing completely different dresses mine represents the Jabberjay and hers Mockingjay, we spread our arms and wings form the same as the bird. We give each other a hug before clambering up the stairs I take my place in between Beetee and Finnick.

When Peeta makes his speech at the end he announces that Katniss is pregnant, I don't know if he's lying or not but everyone from the capitol here is believed him. The crowd go crazy and we all join hands, we put them in the air and suddenly the lights go out making us have to find our own way back.

I find myself frozen, the dark always scared me, I never know what could be lurking there, ready to kill me. Finnick arms wrap around me and help lead me out, he's the only person that knows of my fear. He's the only person I tell my secrets to, except one secret. I can never know what he'll think of me if he found out what snow makes me do, maybe he won't see me the same way he does now.