3

𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙬𝙚 𝙜𝙤

At the train station there were no crowds or paparazzi wanting a last glimpse of us getting on the train, after getting on I sat down on a chair at the dining table. I'm joined by Mags, Jackson and Oceana.
"How rude of them to not come and see me off. I have such a fantastic outfit and heels but no one came to take photos of me." My blood started to boil at this comment she had made, all she cared about was how she looked. I'm about to be put back in a arena to be killed. Without realising I had gripped onto a butter knife and  was holding it to her neck.

"How could you say such things. Don't you understand that 22 people are going to die just so you and your other capitol people have something entertaining to watch." She let out a yelp before jumping back. Within moments Jackson and Finnick had stopped me, Jackson taken the knife out of my hand and Fin dragged me to my sleeping quarters.

He sat me down on the bed before slamming the door behind him. He took a deep breathe before looking at me, I had never seen such an angry look on his face before. "What are you thinking! She is from the capitol and if you so much lay a finger on her you'll probably end up dead." He shouts while walking towards me, my hand go into a hard fist.

"Finnick. I don't care what happens to me she is a spoilt capitol escort that enjoys the death of kids," I raise to him standing face to face. "Don't you dare think you're so innocent either Odair. You know what you've done, especially with the capitol."  I know I crossed the line but quite frankly I didn't give two shits at this moment in time. I give him one last glance in the eyes before storming out.

I find myself in a seating area somewhere in the middle of the train, I sit on a single lilac couch and look down to my hands. They're still in a fist but as I open them up I see blood, I must've dug my nails in harshly without realising. I try to wipe the blood off onto my trousers but it just oozes back out and stains my trousers.

Not to long later someone joins me sitting in the seat across, I look up to see sweet old Mags, she was like a grandmother to me hence why I couldn't allow her to take my place. She placed one hand on my hand that was rested on my leg and the other hand wiped a tear away from my eyes I didn't even realise I had.

Without a word we join into a tight hug and the tears fall. I don't try stop myself until we let each other go, once we do I head back to the sleeping quarters and go into the 'female tribute' named one. I get Deja vu reading the sign from my first games, back then I was thinking I wouldn't make it out alive and now I'm thinking the same thing.

I wake up and turn to the alarm next to me, it's only 1:23am but as I start to drift back to sleep I can hear screams of terror from the room next to me, I jerk up. Finnick! I rush through to help calm him down and he wakes up in a panic, "shh shh, it's okay don't worry I'm here. You're alive, you're safe. I'm here with you," I pull him into my chest and lay my chin on his head, he calms himself down and lets his arms wrap around me.

All I can think about in this moment is how much worse will these night terrors get after the next games. We won't both make it out and I know that for a fact, but I also won't let him die for me. I could never live with myself for it. Tears form and I let them go before whispering softly "I love you, and I'm so sorry for what I said." He doesn't respond except hug me tighter. Eventually I slip under the covers and we fall asleep in a cuddle.