15

𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚

As we head for the jungle I have a weird feeling run through me that something bad is going to happen, I brush it off as my nerves when Finnicks hand clutches mine. We move together and stay like this for the rest of the walk.

Beetee had a plan to use the lightning tree and some special type of wire to electrify the beach shocking anyone there, since it was the safest place he is sure someone will be there.

It's getting fairly dark as we reach the tree, Finnick helps wire it up with Beetee leaving enough wire to get to the beach and go in the water.
Once they finally finishes Beetee comes up with a plan, "Finnick and Peeta stay with me to guard. Girls take the wire to the beach and make sure it's fully submerged in the water, try be quick and get as far away as possible." With this everyone seams to agree, everyone but Katniss and Peeta.

They weren't happy about them being separated and that they should go together, "look you don't see me and Fin saying no. Don't you think we don't want to be separated, this is Beetee's plan and we need to keep him alive to make it work so won't you suck it up and let's go." Beetee and Johanna agree with me so I know I'm not in the wrong.

"Yea she's right, now you better hurry you don't want to be fried up on that beach do you?" Finnick jokes at the end and Peeta and Katniss say their goodbyes.
Finnick plants a sloppy but pleasant kiss on my forehead, "promise to come back?" We giggle a little.

"Nah I'm planning on leaving actually," as we laugh we are interrupted by Johanna's shouts.

"Won't you hurry up B!" I turn back to Finnick leaving him with a light hug before running to Katniss and Johanna who had already started walking away without me.
I turn to wave a final goodbye to Finnick but he's already turned away fixed on helping Peeta and Beetee.

After a bit of walking Johanna passes the wire to Katniss and turns to speak to me, "so, how do you feel now that everyone knows?"

I take a breathe, why did she have to bring him up?
"It's the same but I know they are going to use us against each other," I laugh slightly to myself at the thought, "they already have if I'm honest, with the Jabberjay's." It hurts to know he had to go through that traumatic hour alone.

After a minute of talking we turn to see Katniss standing staring at the line of wire then back to where we have came from.
"Everything okay Everdeen?" I ask walking up to her, as I reach her I see it. The line had gone tight, but we still had more to unravel.

Snap! The line sprang back at us then Enobaria and Brutus showed themselves from behind a rock. Johanna instantly got Katniss to the floor digging a knife in her arm, I realised what she was doing and covered Katniss's mouth to shush her screams. Johanna smeared the hot red blood over the young girls neck before recklessly throwing her axe at the two career tributes.

I follow Johanna up the hill as we leave Katniss behind, hoping they thought we killed her off. We hide behind a rock and I pass Johanna four of my six knives as she has no weapons on her and isn't as skilled at them as me, she nods and quickly flashes a 'thank you' smile.

As a body comes into view we get prepared, but instead of being Enobaria or Brutus it's Peeta.
"Katniss," he hisses, as I'm about to get up to hurry him over I see I'm too late. Brutus appears first and Peeta is quick to take him on, I just up to help when Enobaria comes in sight.

Enobaria latches onto me tight making me tumble to the ground, I fumble for my knife her hands tightly wrapped around my neck.
No matter what I do I can't get my knife at her the way she has me pinned. My eyes start to blur as I find it harder to breathe, no scream can leave my body either I can't do anything, I'm trapped. Right before I feel myself passing out she lets go of my neck. I'm to weak to fight as I lay limp before she takes the knife from my grip.

Enobaria pierces my skin in places that aren't fatal but hurt like hell. Right near my collar bone she digs the knife deep but milliseconds later a canon goes off but I don't have time to find out who's it was as her body is pulled from mine.
I still try to catch my breath there's no way I can move as the clouds rumble above us. Peeta tries to help me the best I can as Enobaria's body lays still next to Johanna. She isn't hurt too much but is exhausted and can't move much either.

Lightning hits the tree but as I watch I see a streak going up, suddenly there's an explosion.
As I force myself to look up I watch the forcefield sky fall, as it burns a claw like machine lifts me up and everything goes blank.

•••

Hey guys sorry this is bad idk what should happen, anyways I hope you're enjoying love you all. Byeeee!!