19

𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙧𝙪𝙣

As I regain consciousness I'm once again blinded by bright white lights, this time I wasn't in the cell or the torture room but some other hospital like room. I quickly panic, what are they doing to me now? I shout and kick, "get off of me, I know nothing!" But instead of trying to hurt me they back away.

"Miss Blair Sutherland, you are no longer in the Capitol instead in district 13. We are here to help you, we saved you," what do they mean? Of course they're lying, what could be happening to Johanna, Peeta or even Ashley right now.

"If you aren't lying then where's Ashley? Let me see her," my demand comes out as a shout.

"I'm sorry but you need to rest you can see her soon," this man seems to believe he can control me. I can't be here knowing she isn't safe.

"Take me to her right now." I feel like screaming at them as a woman comes quickly with a wheel chair.

The morphine is still connected into my arm but they're only giving me very little, as they wheel me along the long white corridors stares are thrown, points are directed at me and others were whispering.
Not quick enough I'm in a room, a small frail underfed girl sits on the edge of a bed. The moment we see each other we lock arms, I had been waiting for this moment for nearly two years now. I finally had my little sister back.

I hold her face and tears fall like waterfalls from both of us, as I kiss her on the forehead. I'm never going to let her go, not now. Not ever.

Once the doctors pulled us apart I'm taken back to the same room as before. They give me a feeding tube from the lack of weight and I can't leave the room.
The doctors won't allow me to see anyone since Peeta had attacked Katniss, they don't know if I'm safe or not yet. I want to see anyone but the doctors everyday.

After nearly a week they finally let me see Ashely again. We had both gained weight but our bruised, cut and burned skin still shown the horrors of the past. "I missed you, and I promise I'll never let them hurt you again," we don't pull away until someone else enters my room.

My arms fly around his neck and our lips join, my hands find there way to his chin. We pull apart but our faces stay not longer than a few inches apart. "I'm so sorry love, I'm so so sorry." His voice is weak and quiet but it's only for me to hear.

"Don't say that it's not your fault," his small laugh echoes before we hear the door swing open.
We turn our heads to see Jackson and Ferguson waiting for me,
"I've missed you all so much," I begin and Finnick let's me go as I head over to them.

"Well you have been missed here, by a lot of us," Jackson begins before the both of them are hugging me at once. It was quick and they let go.

I had realised Ashley had left but I couldn't blame her, she probably didn't know what to say.

"We should go to lunch now, maybe they'll let you come," Finnick heads over to the doctors that have been looking after me, luckily they accepted as long as I was with someone and rested. Of course I didn't put down the offer and I go with them.

Finnick doesn't let go of my hand until he need to, we collected our trays and were given some type of stew. Afterwards we take our seats at a table, sitting here was Katniss, Gale and Primrose.

"Is it okay if she sits with us?" Finnick asks Katniss obviously expecting a yes, she nods and we take out place on the bench.

It's pretty quiet so I decide to make some small talk, "how are you, Katniss?" I face her but she doesn't look up from her food.

Katniss shrugs her shoulders as she answers dryly, "I'm fine," I try to smile but it's not very worth it as nobody really cared.

"So has anyone spoken to Peeta, it feels like ages since our last conversation," as I begin i realise everyone's eyes were on me, unlike others Katniss's eyes were filled with anger, lots of anger.

As she raises slightly and goes to open her her mouth she's cut off by Fin, "she doesn't know just lay off of her, alright?" He sits himself down and I quickly take a few more bites before leaving, I'm soon followed by Finnick.

"What did I do?" I ask not waiting for him to catch up.

"It's just that," he pauses and I stop to turn to him.
"When you guys got back from the capitol, Katniss visited Peeta. But he had changed, I think you know what I mean." I remember how bad Peeta was getting, but could he really attack her?

"Oh, but I thought he-" I try to sound apologetic as much as I can but I'm cut off by Finnick.

"It's ok you didn't know," he takes my hand and walks me back to the hospital. It's silent as we walk so I let my eyes wander, they fall on our hands. There was a wristband I hadn't noticed before, I stop and so does he.
"Is everything okay love?" He sounded slightly worried but I only had one question for him.

"What's that, on your wrist?" He looks down to his wrist before pulling his sleeve over it.

"Oh it's just something so that I don't have to follow my timetable, it's nothing to care about." When we start walking he walks a little faster than before.

When we reach my room he kisses me before being shown out and I'm checked over by the doctors.