11

𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙜𝙤

After cutting at my hair as I eat Mara speaks, placing down the scissors on the table behind, "well that should do it, I'm sorry I know you don't like it short," she stops for a second to think.

I don't like when she says sorry because she has nothing to say it about,
"it's fine, I'd probably had done it myself in there by having a breakdown," I try to laugh it off slightly but she doesn't join except start to walk away.

After a few seconds she walks in with a suit. It was a thin, breathable and easy to move in material and also looks like it would keep you some what dry if you went in water.
"It'll be hot, try find water." She begins while handing it to me,
"Oh and also you forgot this," she jerks to her pocket fishing something out, before holding my bracelet before me.

"Thanks," she warps it gently around my wrist and nods.

"Do you remember who you're going with?" She asks quickly incase I'd also forgotten that as well.

"Yes, Johanna, Beetee, Wiress and Blight," she nods to me before ushering me along the halls to a small room with a glass tube at the end.

I give her a tight squeeze and she quickly whispers in my ear as we pull apart, "remember who the real enemy is Blair, don't die in there."

As I back into the tube it seals shut but instead of lifting me right away it stays there, my eyes fill with pain of tears as I watch Mara being beaten and tortured in front of me, her screams filled the air as they dragged her limp, lifeless body away and sent me up.

I try to steady myself because I know what is up above, cameras, the arena, snow watching me. I try to hold back my tears that blur my vision but nothing works.

The bright light from the sun just blinded me more as I risen from the dark tube, once I adjust to the light I look around. Deep blue water, two tributes per section made from rocky bridges leading from the beach to the golden cornucopia. There was think jungle all around every part looking identical. I scan who is around me, Peeta is a few away, so is Beetee and Blight. There's no sign of Katniss, Finnick, Johanna or Wiress which means there on the other side.

"10, 9, 8,7..." a mechanical like voice sounds and I get ready, I have an advantage being able to swim so I'll get to the cornucopia quickly, I'll then go back for anyone in my team that needs help.

"2, 1. May the odds be ever in your favour." Boom the cannon goes off and I dive into the water, my legs kicking quicker than ever, my arms splashing water around as they stride through the water. I reach the rocks and pull myself up before quickly heading to the cornucopia.

The weight of the water clinging to my clothes slows me down but only by the tiniest, it didn't matter too much as I could tell I was in the lead of reaching the cornucopia first.

I grab two belts of knives making sure every pocket is filled before grabbing two machetes, I find people only just reaching the golden horn as I'm ready to kill. I made a decision I would only kill people that tried to kill me or Katniss, Peeta, Finnick and Johanna as they were the only people I need to keep alive so that I can myself stay alive.

I see Fin grabbing a trident as I run away, he doesn't seam to notice me but I think that's better for me. I see Beetee with Johanna and Wiress on the beach waiting, but Blight wasn't there. I find him still on his plant form, I drop my machetes and head over to him as quick as I can, water gets in my eyes but I don't really bother as much as others might since I'm so used to it.

"C'mon we've got to go," I shout as him grasping onto his platform so I wouldn't drift away in the small currents. He looked scared but I reassure him, "it's okay just hop onto my back I'll help you," he still seems a bit frightened but understands I'm trustworthy.

We get to the rocks and I tell him to get to Johanna as I get my machetes. As I go to grab then I find myself face to face with a boy.

•••

Who do you guys thinks this boy is? I kinda don't know myself, but thanks for all the support on my story so far it's so cool and I'm sorry for not updating in so long, either way ily byeee.