23

𝙢𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙤𝙣

<Time skip>

𝙰𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚢

Once we got through the tunnel the Avox guy took the lead keeping us out of sight and away from cameras. — I felt slightly bad always calling him Avox guy, or beetle man, but in honesty he hasn't told me his name so what am I meant to call him? —Since it was day the pods were deactivated, not that there were many since we were underground. This was how they still got things in and out of the Capitol, food, weapons, peacekeepers, anything and everything comes through here. Passing through the underground wasn't the funnest of things considering we were not to far away from the gunk below.

Every step we take we stop for a moment to check the surroundings or we go even quicker to a safer spot. Although there weren't many cameras there were still some and we needed to do everything in order to stay out of sight as the capitol believes us dead.

At some point everyone had grew tiered and although I want to say otherwise I had too. My legs were numb as the pins and needles shot through them throughout our trek.

"Hey, are you okay?" A familiar voice rang in my ear oh so quietly.

"Mhm, just fine," I nod turning my attention back to where we were going.

"If you need anything I'm right here, remember that," they told me once again. I swear the phrase never gets old for some people.

"Yeah, and I don't need you right here, right now," the words shot through my teeth like venom.

A huff of air escapes their lips, and with that a wash of guilt washed over me. "Sorry, I was just tryna-" they started but I cut them off.

"Please do save it for when I actually care," I remind them. In all honesty I didn't know why I was being so relentless towards Finnick, I mean he's only trying to help me. Maybe it was the lack of sleep and nutrition getting to my head? Maybe it was the way he thought himself as better than me? But somewhere deep down I know it's that he had taken my sister from me, the only true person that cared for me he had taken and though I'd never dare to admit it I'm jealous. Why can't the world let me keep one person.

"I think it's best we camp here tonight," Katniss breaks all silence that engulfed the team around us. Down here we had no idea on time or anything of the sort, what we did know is we've been walking for longer than needed and we need to rest.
I found myself on the first shift of the night, even though I was tiered as one can be there was very little chance that I'd get to sleep if I tried.

Nothing much happened, people went to sleep and once again Peeta stayed silent, fiddling with what he had in his hands.
I didn't dare try to start a conversation with him, I was fully devoted to keeping me and the others safe from him.

"Is she safe?" His raspy voice sprang from nowhere.

"Who?" I ask leaning in closer as if interested.

"Blair," he thought for just a moment before whispering something to himself I could barely make out, but I knew what it was. "Orange, green, rooftop, bakery, cakes, cave, stew, the meadows, Blair," why is he asking about her?

"Yes, she should be fine." I tell him sitting back to where I was before.

"But is she right now?" He asks once again, I notice how he watched me, watched every move and emotion.

I huff a large breath of air before speaking again, "we can't tell, we assume she's okay and if anyone really knew, it'd be you as you were the last to see her."