20

𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙩

I get up from my hospital bed trying not to wake Finnick laying his head at the end of my bed with a chair pulled up close.
I find a doctor who I ask for directions to see Haymitch.

He didn't know wether to tell me or not but after a bit of time he finally did. I knock on the door quickly then take a step back, it only takes a moment for him to answer but when he does he looks a little confused.

"Blair, what are you here for?" He lingers in the doorframe waiting for an answer.

"I want to see Peeta." I stand my ground knowing he probably will say no but before he can answer I start again,
"He won't hurt me, he'll be happy to speak to me. Please I'll help you more than you know," I plead more than I should and he gets irritated then gives in.

We stand outside a room with only one door, he sat on the bed his legs crossed. There were one way mirrors so we could see him, Plutarch is with Haymitch and other doctors have notepads out ready to write down what happens.

"Be careful, don't get too close," Haymitch warns me before I'm allowed in, but I'm not bothered what he says.

"Peeta..." I hesitate for a second but when he looks up a smile pulls on both our faces.

"Blair! How are you?" He's all happy and we exchange a hug. I know Haymitch is silently screaming at me from the other side.

"Im good, how are you doing?" The smile goes and comes back for a slight second on his face.

"Well considering I'm not allowed to leave this awful room I'm fine," he takes a second and looks to the ground.
"Blair. Annie, shell bracelet, sand, stargazing, sugar-cubes, rosemary, blue and gold. Is that true?" His mind ponders for a second and he looks back up.

My smile grows, "yes, very true. Peeta. Orange, green, rooftop, bakery, cakes, cave, stew, the meadows?" He laughs and pulls me back into a hug, how could he have done anything to deserve being locked in here.

The door flings open and a familiar voice shouts at me, "Blair! What are you doing get over here." Me and Peeta turn in shock to see Finnick heading over to take me away.

The door is slammed behind us and Finnick drops me as I kick at him,"What are you doing he done nothing," our shouts are loud and I can tell everyone is staring at us,
"What is wrong with you, honestly."

I march out not turning back to see anyones faces or get pleads to stop or listen to what they have to say.
I find myself outside of Katniss's room, I don't hesitate to barge in. I find her and Gale siting and talking but the male quickly moves away to leave us alone.

"Are you sick or something? They have him locked up in a room, and for what? So that he doesn't hurt you?" My shouts seem to frighten her as I take a few steps closer.

"You don't know anything about him. Just stay out of this," Katniss reply's as if she is better than everyone.

"If I didn't know anything then I wouldn't know he's harmless. You're all scaring him more than he already was, he can't even remember what's true." She sits back against the wall.

Gale approaches me from behind, "I think you should leave," he places his hand on my shoulder but I quickly shake it off as a slight pain shoots from his cold hands on top of my scar.

"I can leave on my own, don't ever touch me again." I spit the words before turning on my heal walking out and head to my room.

I slump under the covers and stare at the door hoping nobody would enter but like always Finnick is with me.

"Are you okay? I don't get what happened back there, you just seemed to snap." He sits on the edge of my bed placing his hand on mine which I quickly move away.

"I'm fine, but I'd be better if you'd leave." He stands up and his face drops.

"Oh, I'm sorry love. I'll leave now," an once of guilt hits me but I don't stop him, not after how he saw Peeta a threat.

I find myself drifting into a sleep and let myself go. When I wake up I feel better, but worse at the same time.
My stomach growls at me and I call the doctors to bring me food since I didn't feel like walking to the food hall and risk seeing people I didn't want to.

Later I'm joined with Ashley,
"It'll be your birthday soon, are you thinking of asking for anything?" Her voice is sweet and soft, you can tell she's still recovering from trauma and I try to help as much as I can.

I shake my head, "I doubt they'd let me do anything, but I don't mind to be completely honest," she smiles and nods. As she gets up she plants a quick kiss on my forehead.
"Where are you going? Is something wrong?"

Ashley shakes her head, "no I just have to get back to training, I asked for extra training to get the best I can. They say I'm really improving and soon might get on a squad." Her voice sounds happy but I don't know how I feel about the idea of her fighting, instead of answering I smile lightly as she skips away.