10

𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨

Once I get back to the room and before I take a shower or get changed I look in the mirror to admire what Mara had made my dress turn into. It's a navy this dress, still the same corset strapless top half like before but this time the skirt was short and tight, it waved out a little going down my legs but not too much, there was a small slit at the side too.

I start to feel a little tired so I take a shower. This time I use the coconut shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. My hair is dried my the machines as I clean my face, then I dress into the comfy pyjamas left for me. My stomach rumbles and I realise I haven't had dinner yet, I head through and only Jackson is the only one there.

I sit across from him and tiredly put some steak pie, mashed potato and broccoli on my plate. I clear my throat, "so, how are you?" He looks to me confused but I understand I'm never the one to ask how people are.

"I'm alright," he begins and starts playing a little with the food in front of him.

"You sure, you don't really seem like it," he places his hand out for me and I give him mine in return.

"I'm just scared, I don't want to loose you." I smile and I watch his lips curl up slightly too.

"I promise. You won't be loosing me any time soon," I pause, "even if I'm in that arena I'm with you." We don't say anything but sit in silence until Finnick joins us.

As soon as Fin sits down Jackson gets up, they exchange a nod before looking away from each other. Finnick took the seat next to me and turned to face me as well. I don't bother take my eyes off my food while I eat as he happily plays with my hair, he starts to knot it and then once a part has no more room for more he unties them and goes again.

I look at him, his face smiling as my face looks at his, "don't you dare think of getting my hair all tangled again," I protest and his hand moves back to my hair but I slap it away, "I mean it Odair. You'll be in big trouble if you do," he laughs and I join him, after a second we stop and Finnick places a light kiss on my lips, I smile at this small action and return one before going back to my food.

"C'mon wake up," the slaps on my face were soft and gentle but also cold and bitter at the same moments. As my eyes adjust to the blinding lights above I rake my hands through my hair to get them jammed in every possible way, I sit up yanking my hand away to release it from the intertwined hair around it.
"Blair you better hurry, you can't be late."  Mara hisses in the nicest way she can.

I peel the soft covers from my bare legs and hop out, "can't I just sleep in for one last time," I plead as Mara ushers me away to the elevator.

"I wish I could but rules are rules and we must go," I take my final few glances of the tribute centre as the glass elevator takes us to the roof.

We are met with a hovercraft waiting for us, the rope ladder is hanging down and I hesitate to hold on, once I do I grip tightly not wanting to fall as they pull us up.

As we wait in the empty cargo like hovercraft Mara glances at my hair before speaking, "oh darling what have you done? I don't think we can even untangle that," she pauses staring at me in sorrow.
"I'll just have to cut it I'm afraid," I jolt back, cut my hair. No way it's the only thing that I at least try to keep care of, if it's healthy I'm healthy, the longer the better.