13

𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙤

Finnick runs over to Katniss as she points at me checking what's wrong, I back up a bit as soon as she pulls the string back. Before she shoots Finnick stops her hitting the arrow from her grip, "are you crazy? Why are you trying to kill Blair!"

He runs up to be having a firm grip on the back of my hand and my shoulders. I hold him back tangling my fingers in his golden blonde locs of hair. As he pulls back he's tinted in the blood red covering me head to toe, "well we better get you cleaned aye?" He takes my hand leading me deep into the water.

Since we can swim well we go deep enough to swim without touching the bottom. Finnick grabs my feet from under the water making me go under, after a second we both pop up and laugh, "trying to kill me Odair?" I joke. We go more into the shallows so we're standing waist deep before I kneel down and Finnick washed my hair in the water.

Lightning starts at the tree, I notice it's the exact same tree as last night. Moments later Katniss shouts running out the water, "it's a clock," she exclaims "you're a genius Wiress."

Katniss starts explaining that the arena is a clock starting at
lightning tree (12-1 o'clock)
blood rain (1-2 o'clock)
poisonous fog (2-3 o'clock)
Monkey mutts (3-4 o'clock)
Tsunami wave (10 o'clock) and we don't know more at this point.

I get handed a woven basket filled with water from Johanna since she saw how weak I looked, afterwards we head to the cornucopia for some supply's. Wiress sings her lullaby's while Peeta makes a map of the map and what's where, only parts of it can be filled out since we hadn't seen all the other horrors but quite frankly nobody wanted to see or find out what they are.

Strangely Wiress stops, everyone turns as Gloss pulls his dagger from her frail body and she takes her last gasp of air. Quicker than I had except Katniss shot Gloss in the middle of his chest, he falls to the rocks and slips into the water as two canons blare one after the other. Cashmere charges at Katniss with a knife but instead is killed by Johanna by digging her axe into her chest and boom another canon goes off. The two girls are then quick to chase after Brutus and Enobaria but I can't move an inch in shock since everything happened so quickly.

Seconds later the rocky island starts to spin, I drop to the floor and so does everyone around me. I start to slip away trying to desperately get a grip on the rocks when Finnick's hand lowers down to me and I grasp a hold of it but then Peeta starts to fall. Finnick grabs onto him and accidentally lets me slip away sending me back into the water.

Harsh waves crash over me and I swallow a gulp of the salt water. I can't breathe and everything is blurry, no matter what I do I just keep getting thrown deeper and deeper into the water when everything goes black.

"Blair, please wake up. Don't die on me Blair," Finnicks sobs fill the air around me as I gasp for air choking up water I had swallowed. Finnick is quick to hold be tight as he can when I open my eyes, "I thought I'd lost you."

His cries are the only thing I can hear, "don't do that to me again." He says sternly in a jokingly matter before chuckling to himself.

"Well maybe you shouldn't drop me and I will think about it," we laugh together before stopping.

I look deep into his sea green eyes, they remind me of the waves back home. His hands on my neck and chin, foreheads pressed together our lips millimetres apart before conjoining together sending butterflies in my stomach and fireworks in my heart. When we pull apart we land in the same position as before and I whisper to him, "so now they know our secret," he nods slightly before pulling me in for another kiss this one feeling ten times better knowing the capitol is probably screaming at their tv's now.

"Oi get a room won't ya?" Johanna calls making me and Finnick pull apart.

"Does it look like we can Jo?" Finnick reply's with a smug look on his face before helping me up from the ground.

•••

How was this chapter for yous? If I'm honest I'm struggling what to write since I haven't read catching fire in a while but I'm also to lazy to so yk. I'm happy they're together again even thought its been like one chapter.
Anyways love you all byeee!