6

𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚

I get out of the elevator to the chariots, I walk past an avox that reminds me of someone but I can't quite remember who, she was a young girl maybe only 18 or 19, how did she end up being an avox so young?

As we walked past we both turn back to get a final glimpse of each other, the hair, the jawline, the eyes, they're all to familiar but who looks like that?

I reach Finnick and I see him sneaking the sugarcubes that belong to the horses popping one into his mouth. I cough so he knows in there, he spins on his heel and pulls me into a hug placing a quick kiss on my cheek, "Fin, don't people might see," I hiss to him quietly.

"Aww don't worry everyone's focused on what everyone's wearing not what we're doing," he holds a sugarcube out to me, "want one?" I grab it from him and drop it into my mouth bitting down on it using my back teeth.

"Hmm, sweet but should we really be stealing them?" He doesn't bother answering since we both know the answer.

"I'm going to go check out what's so amazing about 'the girl on fire'," he mocks the capitol citizens throwing his arms out before leaving me to giggle to myself.

Not to soon after Finnick returns, "so how is she?"  He looks at me with a smirk.

"Let's just say she's a tough cookie," with that a voice announces to get on our chariots.

As I clamber on Finnick looks me up and down,
"I love your outfit mind me taking it off?" He gives me a well known smirk and laughs as we turn to face forward. 

I grab a hold of his hand knowing it's out of sight from the capitol and they are all focusing on Katniss and Peeta chanting their names, I look up to the banners to see my face on one but I don't dare smile, after all they are putting me back in the games after promising to leave me alone. 

After we get off Mags comes over and gives me a quick squeeze, before we head back. Once we get to our floor I head straight to my room, I've been holding back my breakdown from earlier and now I feel I'm about to pop.

I sit on the edge of my bed when the tears fall, all of my memories about Ashley, Marcus, Mum and Dad returned. Finnick holding me as I collapse to the floor when I'm told the news of Ashley, she would be 18 now. The face of Marcus when the knife impaled him. Walking in the room to see Mum just, hanging there. Dads mangled body laying there, his empty eyes staring up at me. All of them died because of me, all my family is gone.

I feel strong arms wrap around me as I begin to cry into there shoulder. Finnick always stayed silent when he comforted me, mostly because he knew he could never really feel what I'm going through but also because he knew he always made it sound like he was making it a joke. I hold tighter onto him before I begin to calm down.

I pull away avoiding eye contact, "Finn," I begin then actually look up at him, "do you mind staying?" He nods before giving me another hug.

"Why don't you get a shower and then change and I'll come back, does that sound okay?" After a quick nod of agreement he gets up and goes.

I head to the shower placing my towels on the heated before undressing and turning on the water. It feels hot at first but I get used to it after a minute. I choose strawberry shampoo and conditioner for my hair and also strawberry shower gel. Afterwards I stand there for a minute letting to the water soak into my skin before getting out.

I get my pyjamas on and head back into my room where I lay under the covers, not too long Finnick enters just like he said. He slips under the covers and pulls me close, his chest is bare but warm. I lay my head on his upper chest and let his arms cling onto me, as I listen to his heartbeat I look up to him.
"I love you Finnick Odair," he looks down at me me.

"I love you two Blair Sutherland," He kisses me passionately on the lips before pulling me up to his level on the bed, his soft skin brushed over mine and my cheeks go red, "and I always will."