16

𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢

I struggle to adjust to the blinding white light but I finally manage after a minute, I barely have enough strength to look where I was. It was an all white room and I couldn't tell where the door was, no windows but some mirrors on one wall. There was a drip in my arm and a few tubes coming out of me from various places connecting to machines.

After a minute I hear someone approaching, I lay my head back facing the ceiling.
"Well hello miss Sutherland," the man wore a white doctors coat matched with a white undershirt and trousers.

I want to speak but I can't, the pain in my throat pulls me back from attempting so I just close my mouth.

"Not a good idea trying, your neck is still healing it should be fine in a day or two." Instead of speaking I nod.

"I'm your Doctor while you're..." he takes a silent pause, "while you're fixed. We have rescued you and brought you into the safe hands of the capitol."

The capitol? They told me they'd take me to district 13 when they got me out, why am  I here?
He only leaves a minute for my questions to ponder before starting up again, "if you fail to comply with us, let's just say you won't want that. Okay?" He doesn't give me another look before turning to leave.

Later on in the day the doctor returns but this time with peacekeepers, "Miss Sutherland, please come with us."

Shivers run down my back as I slip off the thin padded bed, the cold, tiled floor pains my feet like millions of little blades nipping at my skin. As soon as I take a step the peacekeepers grab me from behind lifting me ever so slightly off the floor. I kick and wave my arms to get them off of me but they just grip tighter, "it's best not to resist agains us," the man announces turning back to me then around again walking the door, his eyes felt like daggers when they looked at me.

I'm shoved into a room where I'm surrounded by bars, the floor is a white tile matching the back wall.
As I hit the floor the door is slammed and locked in my face, this room was definitely colder than the last with no blanket or padding on the floor.
I pull myself up to look around me when a quiet voice comes from the cell next to mine.

"Blair, is that you?" His voice sounded dry like sandpaper. I head towards him, before a hand slips through the bar.

I take a hold of reassurance, I nod as my way of saying yes.
His loose grip tightens around mine, "no don't tell me they took you as well." He sounded hurt and paranoid but I didn't get him, what does he mean. Is someone else here?

"B..." I snap around, she sounded drained but not like normal, this time she sounded worse than ever before.

Johanna's body slumps into view, my hands fall over my mouth as I see her hair was gone. "I know, don't worry I never really cared about is."

She sits next to the bars separating us, "Snow, he thinks we know information on the Rebellion and is hurting us for answers." Tears fill my eyes, I knew nothing and I knew they wouldn't believe me.

My eyes must've looked worried as Johanna speaks again, "I know you don't known anything, neither do we," her face drops and tears fall from my eyes as she holds her hands out to me.

"But they won't like that," there's a small little pause between her sentence as she lowers her gaze to the floor, "they have Ashley. T-they must've went to 4 and got her."

Johanna's words don't make any sense to me, I wish I could tell her how Ashley died just over a year ago, and who she could be talking about? But it hurts to try. Instead I shake my head all too violently, I can see it in her eyes how her heart is being shattered by my small action.

"It's true, they brought a girl in. She looked just like you but younger, maybe a small difference in the hair but that's all." What was Peeta on about, not even two minutes ago she was good as dead, killed by Snow all because of me. Now I'm being told she's alive and right here, how could this be possible.

My head wizzes thinking of question that can't be answered until it latches on one thought. They Avox I saw at the chariot ride, everything was coming together like a puzzle. The hair, the eyes, the lips, the face shape, the girl. It was Ashley all along, President Snow must've gotten his hands on her when I didn't receive her body. But she was so young.

We sat there for what felt like days. We had no idea of time but the day was made by light and night they were turned off, we still didn't get much sleep though as the ice-cold floors pained our body's. It had been around two or three days with Johanna and Peeta getting taken away then screaming then brought back, my meals (if I could call them that) were always slightly more than what Peeta or Johanna got but I couldn't help but scoffing it down before they really could say anything I was so hungry. We tried our hardest to help each other but the rest of the time was silent like today. All was silent until two peacekeepers march in taking me from my cell.
"No, no get your hands off me!" My shouts echo down the halls until I'm in another room.

They rudely drop me to the floor hitting my sore body hard on it. There were all sorts of horror like tools around me on benches just waiting to be used.

I'm strapped into a hard wooden chair the shackles around my wrist and ankles where tight and sharp. The more I struggled the tighter they got and the more they dug into my skin.

After a while I seem to accept that I'm here and I'm only making things worse for myself, all until the purely white haired man walked in.
The rose in his left lapel that reeks of perfume filled the room around standing out against his navy blue suit.