8

𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙮

I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling, today I have to do an interview. Why can I say, I need something to make them upset. There's a knock at my door and Jackson comes in,
"How are you doing?" I sit up as he pulls a seat next to my bed.

"I'm alright, why?" He looks at me, and simply just smiles.

"Oh nothing, I just want to let you know that in five minutes if you could come to the living room?" I nod and he pats my shoulder before leaving. I wonder why he needs me.

I head over to the living room where I find Mags, Finnick, Ferguson and Jackson waiting for me,
"Alright we won't be long, just follow me." Jackson starts to lead us to the elevator then we get off on the roof.

It's cold and the sun is going to set soon, I'm only wearing a t-shirt and jeans when Finnick sees me shivering. He places his coat over me and I slip my arms in, "here, you should've brought your own silly," he pulls me close and plants a kiss on my head keeping me close to him.

We turn a corner behind a bush and we find Haymitch, from district 12 waiting there. "I thought you weren't coming," I can smell the booze in his breathe making me gag, I didn't really take interest in the disgusting drink. I can't say the same for Finnick, though he didn't get as bad as many get. I try to help him stop if he does start even if it means he remembers something bad I don't want him wasting his life on the stuff.

He exchanges a quick hug like action with both my uncles before starting.
"I think you know about the rebellion that's sparking in the districts, we want your help keeping Katniss and Peeta alive in the arena so we can keep the mockingjay." He pauses for a second, "we will try get you out of the arena as soon as we can but we need as many peoples help as we can."

Finnick holds me tighter, "so you want us to risk our lives to keep them safe," he looks down at me.
"I won't let her die for Katniss and Peeta to live I'll do it but I'm putting her before them," I stop him before he says more.

"I'll do it, but only if you promise you'll try get us out," Haymitch nods to me.

"We're planning on getting a hovercraft and helping you escape." I nod before answering.

"I'm in," I turn to Finnick and he agrees two. Before we leave I see Haymitch slip something into Fins hand and they whisper something to each other.

As we get back I'm met with Mara giving me a tight squeeze, before leading me into a room for my makeup to get done, she starts small talk again this time avoiding anything to do with my family or 4. "So what do you think your dress is going to be today?" She asks.

I jokingly reply, "well is it actually going to be a dress this time?" We both laugh and she accidentally pulls my hair to hard making my neck crack in the wrong place which makes her laugh even more.

"Well since you've said that maybe I'll cut it and make it a bikini for you," I can't help but keep our joke going.

"Oh please do," we keep laughing and talking as she finishes up my hair.

Mara heads over to the wardrobe to fetch my dress, it's actually a dress this time. It's a light blue floor length dress the same shade of the ocean, the top is a corset strapless sweetheart and the skirts is puffy, it gets very large towards the bottom and it's also feather like, the colour doesn't change but there's a belt connecting the both halves of the dress it's the same shade of blue with pearls going around it.

I go into a separate room to put it on and Mara zips it up when I return, she hands me navy heels that spiral up my legs like vines to the middle of my thigh, on the back of the heel is the wings of a Jabberjay.
"Twirl with her," she whispers as I slip them on.

I go too stand in front of mirror to see how I look, my makeup is a dark navy eyeshadow with big winged eyeliner, the hair was down with a few tiny braids here and there, it was curled slightly so it had a 'natural wave'.

She sighs giving me a hug, "don't you look just gorgeous," I see the happiness on her face overcome any other emotions. "Well you better get going my little Jabberjay," I don't understand why she's calling me this and now I'm placing things together my heels have also got Jabberjay wings on them.