Chapter 03

I was discharged from hospital two weeks back and the first thing I did when I got in my flat was to change locks and install a security alarm. I haven't heard from Thulani since the day he beat me up. I was given the weeks off work and today it's back to work. After my hygienic routine , I get dressed in sweatpants and a hoodie. My braids are tied to a bun and I have on my sneakers.

I sign in at work then proceed to the changing rooms and change to my work uniform and start working.

Palesa : "Khensani. The manager asked for you."  I hope I'm not getting fired again. I straighten my uniform and walk to the cleaners manager's office.

Me : "Good morning sir."  I greet after being invited in.

Manager : "Oh yes Ms Myeza. Today you'll be cleaning the 9th floor , including the big bosses office."  Yoh! This building has ten floors so I wonder why the big boss's office is on the 9th floor.

Me : "Yes sir."

Manager : "and please start with the boss's office because she'll be coming in today."

Me : "Yes sir."

Manager : "you excused." I walk out. I grab everything I'll need and take the elevator to the 9th floor.

.....: "please hold the lift."  I hold it and this gorgeous lady runs to the lift.

Her : "Thank you so much."  She says catching her breath. She looks so beautiful in her suit and afro.

Me : "you so beautiful."  I blurt out unintentionally.

Her : "You also are a beauty. Thank you."  I smile. I get off the lift as soon as ut reaches the 9th floor and the lady follows.

Her : "We could've walked together since we were going to the same floor."  I don't know how to reply so I give her a small smile. She enters the office. Oh my word she's the big boss , I'm soo dead.

Her : "hey don't worry. You can continue with your work and I won't disturb you."

Me : "thank you."  She chuckles as I follow her to her office. She sits on her chair and I start cleaning. Her phone rings and she answers it.

----
Her : "mnyeni wami." She giggles.
----
Boss : "I'm sorry about that."  She says to me after hanging up.

Me : "no problem." When I'm done I go for lunch. Sma joins me.

Sma : "I missed you girl."  She says hugging me , I freeze

Me : *clears throat*

Sma : "why you tense?"

Me : "I don't like hugs."  I lie. She nods.

Sma : "soooo the boss's son is back and last week they had a welcome home get together thingy for him."

Me : "Were you there?"

Sma : "No not really but phela I follow him so I saw his stories and posts."

Me : "You sound like an obsessed psycho."  She giggles.

Sma : "I'm not and I'm in a happy relationship. Thank you very much."  I laugh at her.

Today I was driving my car so I'm now walking to the parking lot when this person bumps me and I fall butt flat.

Person : "oh Lord I'm so sorry."  Says a deep husly voice. He helps me up and dusts my bum.

Me : "excuse me! You can leave my bum alone. Thank you."  He chuckles.

Person : "I'm sorry I didn't notice uhm... yeah I'm Mnqobi."

Me : "Qondisile."  He smiles and a dimple appears on his right cheek. He's cute.

Mnqobi : "Thank you beautiful. And you beautiful."  I said that out loud? Fudge!  

Me : "sure."  I walk to my car leaving him staring at me while chuckling.