Continuation of Chapter 78

#Narrated.

Lethu was in her sister's house , Khanyisa that is , he started groaning loudly.

Khanyi : "You okay Lethu kaMah?"  He calms down after sometime but he had tears streaming down his face.

Lethu : "I'm sorry sis. I'm really sorry."

Khanyi : "Ini? Why are you sorry? What's wrong?"

Lethu : "I'm sorry *sniffs* I have to go now."  He ran out and got in his car and just sped off leaving his sister clouded with confusion and frustration.

》》》》》》》》》》》

{In the Dutywa home ~ Eastern Cape}

Mihlali's dabawo was sleeping when she heard movement around the house , she brushed it off since she knew Mihlali couldn't walk and she too was sleeping. The noise kept on going until she stood up to go and check. When she walked in the kitchen she found a man sprinkling water all around , the man turned and accidently sprinkled her by mistake which made her scream in anger.

Dabawo : "What the hell? What are you doing here? Who are you?"

Man : "One question at a time please."  The man said calmly in his deep Zulu.

Dabawo : "Who are you in my mother's house?"

Man : "BabuNkomo."

Dabawo : "What are you doing here?"

BabuNkomo : "I'm here for my great grandchild that is laying sick in that room." He walks past her and opens the door to Mihlali's room. He finds her shaking violently with white foam coming out of her mouth. He went to close and lock the bedroom door before Dabawo could enter. He took out some powder in his pocket and blew it to Mihlali's face then he sprinkled her whole body with the water he had while praying , after that he picked her up regardless of her festering wounds on her body that had sprawled to her arms also , and walked out with her and Dabawo was nowhere to be seen. He drove off.

》》》》》》》》》》》

Khanyisa's phone rang , it was her sister-in-law so she answered.

******
Khanyi : "Aluve? Hi sisi."

Aluve : "Mntase , a man just walked in here and....."  The door opens Lethu walks in.

Khanyi : "uhm I'll get back to you , uhm yeah."  She hangs up.

*********
Khanyi : "Lethu kaMah. Are you Okay?"

Lethu : "Yes but we have to go." They both walk out and get in Lethu's car before Lethu sped off. Lethu parks his car in the driveway.

Khanyi : "what are we doing here? Are our parents okay? Is it mom? Dad?"

Lethu : "No and come. We are here to wait for someone."  

>>>HOURS LATER !!!

BabuNkomo walks in the house and immediately there's silence.

BabuNkomo : "I'm sorry I took that long , traffic. Lethu I hope everything is prepared..?"

Lethu : "It all is mkhulu."

BabuNkomo : "Okay good! Ntandwenhle?"

Khanyi : "Mkhulu?"

BabuNkomo : "Call your husband." She nods and does so. Lumko arrives half an hour later.

BabuNkomo : "Now that y'all here , Mkhwenyana when last did you hear from your mother or daughter?"

Lumko : "About two weeks back."

BabuNkomo : "Why is that Khanyisa?"

Khanyi : "..."

BabuNkomo : "Yabona manje I just want to whoop the both of you because y'all are being stupid. Yes , stupid. Do y'all know that your daughter almost... nxah! Just follow me."   They follow him to Lethu's rondavel outside.

Lethu : "Let's go mama and baba." They also follow out.

Khanyi : "Oh my god! My baby!"  She gasps when her eyes landed on an unconscious Mihlali who looked like she was in pain while Lumko clenched his jaws looking away with tears in his eyes.

Nolu : "Nkos'engcwele! What happened baba."

Muzi : "And wasn't she pregnant?"

BabuNkomo : "If I hadn't fetched her tonight besizomuthola esekwelibandayo. Bebethi baqedile nya ngaye."   (we would have found her dead. They thought they had ended her.)

Lethu : "If she died then it meant more wealth for amaDutywa. Sbari , your siblings are behind this. They've always been jealous of the man you are and they were ready to use your daughter and grandchild as a sacrifice for their fortunes. Right now they've fled and you shouldn't go looking for them of you know what's good for you."  Tears stream down Lumko's cheeks as he holds his wife tightly to him.

BabuNkomo : "I'm keeping her here for as long as I need to , I don't need anyone coming here. Y'all are not to be visiting her or even communicating with her until she's out of here. I'm sorry but unfortunately her child didn't survive , it had to be one of them who'll survive and the ancestors and God decided to keep our Mihlali."

Khanyi : "How long will it take for her to recover?" She asks in a shaky voice.

Lethu : "it'll depend."