Chapter 81

***Khensani's POV.

Alot has happened these past two months , Mnqobi paid damages and amaLobolo for me. Mnqobi is an idiot seriously , he proposed two weeks after I had given birth worse thing is that he proposed after I had just woken up , I was breastfeeding Phawu , in a messy room. He's always in KZN on Fridays because he can't live without seeing his son for the entire week so he always comes down on Fridays and goes back to Joburg on Monday mornings. On other news , I had my ceremonies done a few weeks back and I was given my new rightful names.

So I'd like to introduce me myself again. My name is Samukelisiwe Yandisa Nxumalo , the only daughter of Thandeka Zubenathi Radebe-Nxumalo & Sizwesakhe Nxumalo , a twin sister to Sifiso Yanga Nxumalo. My father's family is so loving and welcoming to be honest. I still haven't met my mother's family because if everything that's been happening , mom has been postponing going there and her mother has been breathing fire because she hasn't brought me to Eastern Cape.

We were on our way to my father's palace for some urgent meeting. We got there and went inside , in the lounge we found MaNgwane or whoever she is sitting with the Royal healer that fled , there were guards all over the lounge. Bab'Muzi had told mom & dad about my kidnapping and that these two were behind it.

Dad : "I'd really like to know where you have been Sibiya."  Sibiya? I think I've heard that surname before.

Royal Healer : "I was in the mountains my king."

Dad : "Which mountain? The same mountain , you were in when you kidnapped my daughter? Huh?" 

Royal Healer : "I...I don't.....k..know what y..you talking about my king."

Dad : "Really? I guess you'll explain to the police then."

Royal Healer : "I'm sorry I'll speak."

Dad : "I want nothing but the truth." 

Royal Healer : "My name is Nsizwenye Sibiya and MaNgwane is not really MaNgwane , she is Nobethu Sibiya , my wife ; uSiyanda is not your son my king but he's our son with MaSibiya."  Shock doesn't describe these people's faces right now. Mom starts laughing and just grabs my hand then we walk out.

Mom : "Zungu , please take us back to KwaNxumalo homestead."

Me : "Momma? Aren't we...."

Mom : "You left a baby back home that still needs breastfeeding."  I just keep quiet and follow her. When we arrive KwaNxumalo , we find a black BMW X7 parked in the yard.

Mom : "Yoh! Your grandmother is here!" Grandmother? Which one? I get out the car and follow mom who's already inside the house. I find mom already in the woman's arms crying.

Woman : "Awutefi mntanami !!"  She says as she wipes mom's tears. She turns to me , she gasps before walking slowly towards me and carress my face then she hugs me tightly.

Mom : "You scaring my baby!"  The woman breaks the hug and holds me at arms length.

Woman : "Shut up!" She turns to me. "Sawubona sisi."

Me : "Yebo sawubona."  She smiles widely.

Woman : "I am Hlengiwe Dladla , your father's mother , umammcane wakhe , your grandmother."  No way!

Me : "What? Really? You look so young thou. Umuhle and I'm definitely not calling you Gogo , I think I'll call you sisi."  She blushes , mom is busy laughing.

Hlengiwe : "It's official she's my favorite. I'm sorry I only came now to see you , I was away on business."

________________

-Paying damages in Zulu/Xhosa culture

In the Xhosa culture when a young girl gets pregnant, the man pays 'damages' (intlawulo yesisu) for getting the woman pregnant. In the olden days the elders in the family would take the girl to the boy's family and that is when the boy would admit to or deny making the girl pregnant.

-What is Lobolo in Zulu culture?

Lobola is a word used in Silozi, Zulu, Xhosa, Swazi, and northern and southern Ndebele to either mean bride price or bridewealth. It has to do with the property or cash that a prospective husband gives the head of a potential wife's family when considering a customary marriage.

-Does Lobolo qualify as marriage?

Lobola itself is not marriage, but rather a part of the process of getting married under customary law , when lobola has been paid then the couple is considered to be married for all intents and purposes. “Though there are other ceremonies that have to be done to complete the process in its entirety, a woman is considered a wife.

Please follow , vote & comment😭❤