Chapter 8 - you're what?

Rosie's POV:

My heart was pounding as I raced up the stairs trying to outrun my father.
Blood was pumping fiercely through my veins in pure anguish.

When I had walked in the house, something seemed different. My dad has lost his job today. He was a builder and had "accidentally" rammed a digger into someone's wall. This "someone" turned out to be his ex-girlfriend who had previously filed a restraining order against him. She was now pressing charges for multiple things.

I just needed to take one look at him to know I needed to stay out of his way. His face was a boiling red and he aggressively charged around the house like a bull. I tried to avoid him by going up stairs but I was too slow. He chased after me. Growling and bellowing at me, blaming me for his job loss. He caught my ankle, digging his nails into it, I'm certain they almost touched the bone beneath my skin. I cried out, hoping someone, anyone, would hear me screaming in fear. I tried to fight back but that only made him more angry. He dragged me back down the stairs and shoved me up against the wall. His face, an inch at most from mine.

After a few hours, it was dark outside, my body was well and truly beaten and battered. An uneasy silence hung about the house ; my dad had left, presumably to go drinking at the nearby pub. My lip was bleeding, my stomach had bruises all over it, red marks scattered my shoulders, teeth marks pierced my skin. Something inside me had changed. My thoughts suffocated me, disconnecting me from the reality I was facing. I wanted nothing more to wake up in the safety of Lucy Bronze's arms.

The thought of Lucy prompted me drag my empty body towards my phone. I pulled the piece of paper out of my coat pocket and shakingly typed the number into my phone. This was my lifeline. My only chance.

(Bold is Lucy, normal is Rosie)
"Hello?"
"Lucy?"
"Rosie is that you? Are you okay?"
"No... Lucy I need you. Please"

After I weakly said that last sentence, I hung up. I didn't want to face what she would say. I couldn't face rejection again.

Lucy Bronze's POV:

"No... Lucy I need you. Please"

I didn't even need convincing. I was going to be there for my daughter.I shoved on a hoodie hastily and slid on my sliders. I ran down the hotel hallway to Steph's room. I banged on the door and waited for a response, "I'm going to Rosie's. She needs me". Usually you are supposed to ask either Steph or Sarina to leave the hotel after 7pm but I wasn't taking the possibility of receiving a no. I could tell that Steph understood by the look she gave me, "go get her" she encouraged. I had told the girls that Rosie was my daughter after dinner. Most of them were shocked. Lauren just shouted out, "knew it!". Now the only person left to tell was the most important one. My daughter. Rosie.

I jumped into Steph's car and quickly turned the keys and put the car into first gear. I drove out of the hotel car park and down the motorway towards the house I dropped Rosie off only a few hours ago. My head was spinning with thoughts. What would I say? Did I knock on the door or just walk straight in? I had no idea what to expect but I was preparing myself for the worst. My hands were shaking as I turned on the right indicator into Rosie's street.

Earlier when I had dropped her off, there was a beaten, old red corsa pulled carelessly half on the grass, half on the drive. That was no longer there. I began to wonder whether Rosie was actually here or she needed help somewhere else. I needed to put my aching brain to a rest. I had to do this. There was no getting scared now.

I hammered my fist down on the door. No answer. I tried again. Still no answer. I tried to call Rosie, while I skirted the edge of the house trying to find an open window or door. Anything that would allow me to enter the house. I was beginning to grow increasingly frustrated, angry and worried. Frustrated and angry at the fact I couldn't get in and I was probably wasting vital time. Worried that anything could be happening to my daughter and I wasn't there to prevent it. Nothing was working. I tried to open a window but it was useless, they were all locked. I took a step back to reassure myself that this was her house and I hadn't mistaken it in my current state of panic.