Chapter 21 - starstruck

A/N - what does everyone think about Lucy going to Barca?

Rosie's POV:

"Oh my God Rosie you're back!" I heard someone shout at me before I'd even walked in the hotel lobby. A pair of arms wrapped themselves around my body before another person joined in with the group hug that had just formed. From behind me, Keira complained jokingly, "what about me and Lucy? We're your actual teammates" Pulling away, I saw that it was Millie and Rachel. I mean who else could be that enthusiastic at 9am on a sunday morning?

I greeted them before I was finally released from their grip. Jordan shouted over towards Millie and Rachel, "how the hell do you have so much energy? Leah practically dragged me out of bed this morning". They just shrugged their shoulders, laughed and went off to annoy someone else. 

Following Keira and Lucy, I went over to join the rest of the team. Beth looked me up and down before saying, "I see you've got your own kit now". I chuckled, remembering my first encounter with her when I was wearing Lucy's too big training clothes. England had sent me some clothes with my own initials on and in my size. It made me feel like a part of the team instead of the odd one out. 

Lucy had made me agree that I would do some schoolwork on the mornings, have lunch with the team and then join in with the afternoon training sessions. I also had strict instructions to be in bed by 10.30 and not be running around the hotel with Millie and Rach or doing Tik Toks. Those were her exact words...

After all of the greetings, Sarina gave Lucy our room keys : Keira and Lucy in one and me in another with one of those connecting doors between them. This was a special request by Lucy who wanted to keep a close eye on me. It creeped me out a bit that anyone in her room would be able to walk straight into mine and vice versa. 

The lift had inconveniently broken down the previous week, so we had to heave our belongings up the multiple flights of stairs. After finally dragging my heavy suitcase up the stairs with no help, I arrived at our rooms. As presumed, the rooms were both very nice with one double bed in each and a small, modern bathroom including a shower. Once I had spotted the bed, I took my shoes off and lay down on my bed hoping to squeeze in a short nap before the chaotic week that awaited me. Closing my eyes, someone barged loudly into my room. Relaxing slighly when I slid my eyelids back to see Keira. If it was Lucy, she would made a big deal about it, telling me I must have gone to bed late. Which I did but she didn't need to know how late. Keira stared at me, without saying anything, and began to unpack my suitcase. I mumbled, "You don't have to do that...I'll do it in a sec". She laughed lightly, "what? From your bed?". I just rolled my eyes at the truth in her statement - if it were up to me, those clothes would stay in the suitcase until I absolutely had to put them away. Lucy was the exact same, luckily Keira was a clean freak who couldn't bare the sight of messy, overflowing suitcases strewn across the floor. I had no idea how she managed to put up with us without going mad.

As Keira was tidying my room that was already fairly messy with my belongings, despite only being here half an hour at most, we passed light conversation while I rested on my bed - my eyes were now open however. I was intrigued to know how she felt about the upcoming competition, "so...you excited for thursday's game against Canada?". She made eye contact with me before answering, "yeah, should be a good game against a really good team. Hope we get the win". I smiled and reassured her, "don't worry, I'm pretty confident you'll win". She laughed and rolled her eyes, "try getting Lucy to believe that. All she keeps talking about is how they are Olympic gold medalists". I began before pausing when Keira joined me on the foot of my bed, giving me a glare, "I mean...she's not wrong-". Changing up the conversation quickly, I questioned, "so when's the first training sesh". Losing her glare, she answered, "you make it sound like we're all going out drinking and clubbing...but it's at 10 . Are you going to be alright by yourself?". I smiled at her concern for me, "i'll be fine. I think I'm going to go in the gym for a bit then maybe take a cheeky dip in the pool before lunch". Lucy took that exact moment to walk in, "err I don't think so. You have school-work to do" she said while playfully poking me in the shoulder. I moved over on my bed to allow her to sit down next to me, "yeah that's what I meant to say" I nonchalantly replied while shrugging my shoulders before attempting a one-eyed wink that failed miserably, closing two eyes instead of one. Lucy took that opportunity to burst out laughing at me while shaking her head. Teasing me, she performed a one-eyed wink perfectly and got up from her bed to inspect my wardrobe, "hmmm, i'm impressed that you've put your clothes away already...". I felt guilty for taking the credit for all of Keira's hard work so I remarked, "actually that was Keira. I've been lying here for the past 30 minutes". Lucy shook her head, pretending to act very dissapointed, "Keiraaaa...she's 15 she can do it herself". Keira just chuckled and said, "you can talk, the first thing you said to me was 'can you put my clothes away in that nice organised way please' you're both as bad as eachother. At least you gave me a kiss in return. Rosie, I expect you to be a servant for me all week" I glared at her, hoping that last bit was a joke. She laughed at my response, "don't worry i'm only joking...or am I? I guess you'll never know". And with that, she stood up, gripped Lucy's upper arm and headed out my room. Lucy just had time to call towards me, "remember, school work". How could I forget?