Chapter 27 - running laps

A/N - What do you all think about Ellen White retiring?

Rosie's POV:

The morning after the party was a real struggle.

After the girls left, Ella and Alessia helped to clear up the mess of alcohol bottles and cans before Keira and Lucy returned home. Millie also decided to stay, but we had way too much alcohol in our systems to actually clear up sensibly. In the end, Ella got sick of the embarrassing pick up lines and flirtatious comments that we were throwing at eachother, so she sent us to bed.

Without even thinking about it, Millie chased me up the stairs towards my bedroom and collapsed on my bed. I soon followed her and laid by her side, tilting our heads so we were facing eachother. I smiled widely and giggled before saying, "you're pretty". She laughed and tucked a loose piece of hair behind my ear, "you're drunk".

After lying next to eachother for a while, she picked me and rolled my body under the covers. I smiled, "I may be a bit drunk, but I can walk". Despite my comment, I wasn't complaining that she wanted to pick me up. She gave me a light kiss on my forehead and turned towards the door. Realising that she was going to leave, I reached out my arm and interlocked our hands, "stay. Please?". I saw her think about it for a minute before sliding into my bed next to me. She began to talk, "will Lucy mind..?" But I interrupted her, placing my finger delicately on her lips, "it's fine". Even though I knew Lucy wouldn't be too happy about the sleeping arrangements when there are two spare rooms, I fell asleep with a wide smile on my face. Our hands still glued together.

The next morning, I was woken up by Narla jumping on top of me, wriggling about trying to snuggle in between me and Millie. Groaning at the painful headache that had appeared, I pushed the heavy west highland terrier off my stomach, "Narla go away". I heard a small laugh and looked to the side to see Millie sitting up in bed, watching me. I asked jokingly, "were you watching me sleep?". Her face went red with embarrassment and she stuttered. "err...no. Anyway, how do you feel?". I laughed at her reaction to being caught and smirked, "I feel shit". I was confused at how she didn't seem to be hungover at all considering she drank way more than me. I continued talking before she had a chance to speak, "how come you're not hungover in the slightest bit?". She grinned, stood up and walked towards my ensuite bathroom, "I guess I can handle alcohol way better than you". Shaking my head, I pulled Narla into my chest and picked up my phone off my bedside table.

When Millie came back from the bathroom, we cuddled with Narla in bed watching Tik Tok on my phone. 5 minutes turned into 30 minutes and soon enough, there was a knock on my bedroom door. I called out, "yeah?" and placed my phone on the table next to me. Hoping that it was Keira who walked in and not Lucy, I looked across to Millie and I could tell she was thinking the same thing.

My door opened, revealing Lucy in her Man City training kit with her phone in her hand, "Rosie-..." She paused when she saw Millie in my bed with me and frowned, giving me a look that said 'why the hell is she in your bed?'. Despite her facial expressions, she remained calm and greeted Millie, "oh..hi Millie. I didn't realise you were staying over. Your coach sent me a text saying that the game against Arsenal has been moved forward to tomorrow instead of Wednesday so you have training this morning". Immediately when she said that, I sighed loudly and ran my hands through my hair, "did she say why it's been brought forward?". Lucy simply shook her head and began to walk out. However, she stopped and turned round to face us again, "oh and we're leaving in 30 minutes". Glaring at her, she shrugged her shoulders and ran off down the stairs with Narla following her. I turned to face Millie, raised my eyebrows and tried to make the best of a bad situation, "you wanna shower together?". She smiled and said, "as much as I would love to, it's probably not the best idea with your mum just downstairs. Did you see how pissed off she looked when she saw me?" I stood up and began to find my training kit, while throwing some of it to Millie since she had no time to get her own from home, "she won't say anything in front of you, but I'll be in a whole load of shit later about it".