Chapter 38 - Mini Bronze-Walsh

Rosie's POV:

Sunday 31st July 2022. Probably the most nervous, excited and speechless I have ever been.

In just under 2 hours, at 5pm tonight, England and Germany would take each other in the hope become the best team in Europe. Germany looking to steal the title for the 9th time and the Lionesses hoping to accomplish the dream of the entire nation. To finally bring football home, men or women's, for the first time in 56 years. 

I don't think it has really sunk in for any of the player and staff that this English team have made it this far. Only one game against old rivals stands in the way of us getting our hands on that trophy. The confidence was through the roof, that we felt ENGLAND was already engraved on it. We were confident, not cocky or arrogant. The was still 90 minutes or even more of football to be played before that dream became a reality. 

Despite the possibility of winning the trophy as a team, there were also personal trophies that the team were in contendment for. Beth Mead was on track to win the golden boot, Mary Earps could receive the golden glove, Player of the Tournament was up for grabs, Player of the Match as well. The fact that the team could be winning all of that on top of the main trophy just shows how much talent the team has. Every single player has contributed to getting to the final. Even if they were on the bench for half a game or the entire game, they still made a difference. 

"you ready to see it?" Leah asked me. I nodded my head eagerly in anticipation of seeing the shirt that had been custom made for me to wear to this game. She held it up to me so I could see the writing on the back, "I love it, thanks for helping me get it sorted". Even though I had imagined the idea, Leah was the one who pulled all of the strings in order for me to have it by today. This shirt wasn't just a normal England shirt. It meant absolutely everything to me and I was so happy that I had it. Leah wrapped me in a side hug, "when are you going to show your mums?". I smiled when she said that. Not only was I incredibly lucky that they accepted me as Lucy's daughter, but as Keira's also. I told her, "now. I think if I show them any later they'll be too focused on the game". She agreed, "good idea. Let's go find them". 

After putting on the shirt, we made our way through the tunnel and out onto the pitch that they would all be playing on very soon. Turning my head, I saw Keira and Lucy sitting side by side in a row of red seats. Keira had her head on Lucy's shoulder, who was pointing at something in the distance. Leah shouted up to them, "come down Wonze". They made their way down the stairs and when they reached us, Keira questioned, "Wonze, really?". Leah smirked, "it's what everyone else calls you". Lucy pointed out, "only fans". Leah shrugged her shoulders, "anyway, Mini Bronze has something to show you". Lucy stood with her arms crossed and groaned playfully, "oh no, this can't be good". Keira playfully punched her arm, "you're so mean". I chuckled at them before taking off my hoodie and turning round. 

Bronze-Walsh 6

Lucy joked, "well that's better than what I thought it was going to be...I love it Rosie". I turned around to face them both, Keira was speechless. I grinned, "I know you both wanted me to have your names on my shirt so I figured I would just have them both". Keira finally managed to get her words back as she squealed, "you have no idea how much I love it". I smiled widely, "I'm so glad. Even though you're not my mum biologically, I still love you so much and wanted you to know that I see you as my mum as much as Luce". She wrapped her arms around my small body and held on tight. Lucy questioned, "why the number 6?". At that moment, Millie and Rach came walking out of the tunnel and Millie shouted, "because it's my number and she loves me that much". I grinned and shook my head, "you wish. I just added yours and Keira's numbers together". Lucy pulled me in for a short but comforting hug as soon as Keira let go of me, "did everyone know about this except us?". I replied, "Leah knew from the very beginning and then I told Beth when it was getting made. Everyone else found out because Beth couldn't keep her big mouth shut, but she made them promise not to tell either of you". They all laughed and Leah said light-heartedly, "I told you not to tell Beth. Honestly, she couldn't keep a secret even if her mouth was glued shut".