Chapter 18 - not yet

A/N - So sorry for the long wait, I've just had so much going on these past few weeks. Hopefully the updates should be more frequent now. Once you have read it, please let me know how it is and feel free to give any suggestions to anything you would like me to include and what I can improve on. Anyway, enjoy :) 

Monday 7th February

Keira's POV:

Today is finally the day that my girls are coming home! I got back from Leah's last night and ever since then, I hadn't known what to do with myself. The relentlessness was growing and growing. I was counting down the hours, the minutes, even the seconds.

They had only been away 2 nights but it felt like much longer. When Lucy played in Lyon, we were away from eachother for weeks, months even. But this felt different. It wasn't just Lucy that I was missing, it was the teenager that had made up mine and Lucy's family. Everything just felt so normal. Me, Lucy, Rosie and Narla.

When Lucy had told me about Rosie, I was skeptical of how she would fit in down her in Manchester with mine and Lucy's never ending schedules. Almost immediately, she just slotted into our busy lives and is now creating her own. It was as if she has been here all along. Both Lucy and I had mentioned multiple times to eachother how visibly relaxed Rosie seemed compared to when we met her. Manchester had abolished the scared, lonely person she was, and brought out the placid and happy side of her. I just couldn't believe how much our lives had changed in a matter of 2 months. Before, it was just me and Lucy in the house. Now, there's a teenage girl who seems to have an eternal amount of energy and crazy erratic mood swings, but, I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Lucy also seemed a lot more calm, despite the upcoming Arnold Clark cup, beginning in just 10 days from now. Usually, she would be making sure her fitness was at its best and working hard on the areas she was weaker in. However, she appeared content with how she was playing at this time, and was just enjoying the moment. The only thing that I could see was slowly eating away at her, was all of these endless meetings with her lawyer.

The latest thing Rosie's foster parents had claimed was that Lucy had kidnapped her. Lucy was desperately pleading her case, that she was Rosie's biological mother and deserved to be reunited with her after everything they put her through, but it was a time consuming process that was slowly draining Lucy. There was no real progress in the past 2 months and it was starting to annoy her. The only thing she had managed to accomplish, was persuading the lawyers to allow her to keep Rosie down here. I knew that it would break Lucy and Rosie if she had to return to the north east, and that was something I couldn't bear to see. It was getting to the point where I wished Lucy had just told Rosie what was going on in the beginning. Now, with every day passing, it's growing and growing and Rosie hasn't got even the slightest bit of an idea to what's going on. 

It also pains me to see the amount of pressure Lucy is under: fighting for a spot in the starting 11 with England and Man City, trying to look after a teenager, a dog, a girlfriend and enduring long emails and phone calls with lawyers. I just couldn't help but think about the end result of all of this, when Rosie eventually finds out what Lucy has been concealing for so long. 

Trying to distract myself, I began making something for me and Narla to eat for lunch. Just as I was getting all the ingredients out to make a chicken caesar salad, the doorbell went. "just my luck" I thought sarcastically. Putting down what I was holding, I shuffled my way down the hallway towards the front door. I unlocked it before widening it to reveal the postman carrying an abundance of parcels, "hi Miss, just need you to sign for all of these" he explained. I was confused, as I didn't know Lucy or Rosie had ordered anything, but signed his little ipad anyway. I thanked him and manouvered myself through the doorway and closed the door with my foot. I looked at the labels on the parcels and it read Miss Lucia Bronze on some of them and on the others it read Miss Rosie Cliff. I cringed at her old last name. Despite having Bronze on the back of her shirt, it hadn't been officially changed. That required Lucy to have full custody over Rosie, which at this moment, she didn't.