Chapter 42 - the answer is no

Rosie's POV:

Suitcase in one hand and my phone in the other, I stepped inside Beth's house. A warm, cosy atmosphere enshrouded me as Beth closed the front door the block the cold from entering. It had only just turned October, but you could definitely tell that winter was on the way.

After I took my coat off, Beth took me down the hallway and left into a large living room. The one and only, Vivianne Miedema was sat casually on a sofa and looked up when she saw us enter. Getting up from her seat to greet me, she said in a Dutch accent, "You must be Rosie, I'm Vivianne but you can call me Viv". She immediately calmed my nerves about meeting one of my idols. Despite having met many of my other childhood idols with no problems, she was definitely one of the ones that I had been most nervous about. Pulling me in for a short hug, I stuttered out, "y-yes...that's me. Nice to meet you". She nodded and indicated for me to sit down on a sofa. Beth also greeted her girlfriend before sitting next to her and telling me, "make yourself comfortable. It's your home as well as ours for the next few days". Viv added on, "it's nice having you here Rosie, it makes a change from only seeing Beth". Beth nudged her and pretended to be hurt but I just laughed, "glad I can make it more bearable".

We talked for a bit until Viv stood up, "you must be exhausted, do you want me to show you your room?". The fact that they had prepared a room for me just made me feel even more at home. I was more than happy with sleeping on the sofa, but it made me smile internally and externally that they actually thought about where I was going to sleep. Nodding, Beth complained, "I was going to show Rosie to her room...". Viv laughed but continued to walk up the stairs, me following close behind her, "too slow Meado". My first impressions of Viv were that I liked her. She seemed fun and had just the right personality to match Beth's. 

Their house was very nice. All the little decorations really made it feel homely and personalised to both of them. Viv led me down the upstairs corridor until we got to a door. She opened it while saying, "this will be your room. I hope you like it, but if you don't-..." I cut off her rambling, "I love it...". The walls were painted light grey and a comfy-looking double bed sat proudly in the middle of the room. Despite it only being a guest room, it was decorated very meticulously. One of Beth's framed England shirts was on the wall above the bed. Viv smiled warmly and began to talk again, "there's a bathroom to the right of your room, I've left towels on your bed for you to use because I wasn't sure if you brought your own. There's blankets in that drawer and if you need anything else please don't hesitate to ask". Grinning gratefully up at her, I admired the amount of effort they had put into getting this room ready for me. I thanked her and placed my suitcase on the floor, getting ready to unpack it. She began to exit the room but remembered something, "me and Beth don't have training tomorrow so we can do whatever. We can go into London or stay at home, it's up to you". I nodded my head and she exitted the room. 

First, I began to pack the very limited amount of clothes that I had brought into the built-in wardrobes. Looking around at all of my stuff, I realised that I had packed extremely light. After I had done that, I sat down on the bed and opened my phone to text the family groupchat:

Bronze-Walsh household 😎

Me: i've arrived

Lucy ♥😘: how was the train? X

Me: fine. I've also met Beth's girlfriend

Keira 💕: who is she?? Xx

Me: Vivianne Miedema

Lucy ♥😘: bet you were starstruck when you met her😉x

Me: 🤫 i'm going in the shower, speak to u tmrw x